Honored Contributor

Re: If, like me, you have had a Q card since the Dark Ages....

@2blonde wrote:

Well, I got the letter, but not the new card! (yet)  Fact is, I haven't looked at that old card for so many years, I couldn't begin to tell you how many numbers are on it.......it's stored in my QVC account!

I would never have noticed either if I didn't write the account number on the check when I pay the bill.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I received a new card with the same number and a $5 credit on my account.

I don't think I got a credit...  I'm going to have to check the paper the new card was stuck on...

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18- how lucky that you got a $5 credit!  After alllllll these years, you'd think QVC would give us oldtimers a coupon or two. 

I got a new card that has more numbers than my old card - but since you don't need a physical card to place an order, I wonder why they sent it?  Where else can you use it except for QVC?  (maybe I should've read the letter....?)

Remember when you had to give your "membership number" every time you placed an order?  And the only way to order was by phone?  And QVC drew numbers on air - if the last 4 numbers on your "membership" card matched the 4 numbers drawn, you'd win a prize?   My old (really old!) QVC card is not a credit card, it's a membership card.  It's laminated paper.  But, of course, when you place an order with your membership number, you get "credit" till the next billing cycle.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I got a new card with a new number, new code on back, but, no 5.00 credit!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Yes, I did and I also recieved a letter from the bank holding the card explaining what was happening and I should continue to shop at QVC with no complications or problems. 

I didn't get a letter.  Had to call the Q to see what was up with that...  All I received was a new Q card stuck on a piece of paper announcing "Here's your new Q card!!!"  Totally different numbers.  Had to call to make sure there wasn't a problem (like fraud or something) with the old one!

@faeriemoon the letter didn't come with the card.  I got it about a month later.  I think the letter was supposed to go out at the same time the new cards were issued and it did cause a lot of confusion.  They apologized for the confusion. 

Honored Contributor

yes, i received a new card a few months ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yup, I got the new one and holy heck - what a PITA to get it changed to the new number.

I would have just figured that you go into your account and change the number.  Nope!  You have to go through this whole idiotic process to register like a new account.   

I began trying to do it and ended up calling CS (it's not QVC - it's the card bank) to ask how I could just change the number.  Welp, there is no way.  You have to do it like it's a whole new account.

After numerous errors with this and somebody on the other end who didn't know much more than I, I did get it to take and it did change it on my existing account so whew!   But good grief.  Why one can't just change the number made no sense.  That was a half hour I wouldn't mind having back.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt- it's really that complicated?  Dang it.  Guess I'll find out next time I try to place an order.  I always order thru their website and I use my Visa, not QVC card.  Wonder if I'll have to re-register?  Thank you for the heads-up!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt