Occasional Contributor

Anyone Else Having A Backorder Problem?

Good morning!  Long time reader of the forums, first time poster so I hope I don't come off too complainy!

Yesterday I ordered two of the Sonicare TSV- I literally woke up, checked the Q online (such a bad habit) and was excited to see it because it's been something I have wanted for a while but was waiting on.  Immediately put the two I wanted (rose gold & black) in my cart and at that time all the colors were still in immediate ship.  I spent about 10 minutes just going through my other shopping sites to make sure I was getting the best price for them and once that was confirmed I put in the order.

An hour later I finally turned on the tv to watch the actual presentation and even at that time all the colors were still in immediate ship and within that hour is when the first color sold out in immediate ship and went into the first advance order.  I remember thinking how lucky it was that I didnt' wait to order!  Flash forward to the evening... I put in an order during ITKWD and look at my order status page and my Sonicare order is in bold BACKORDER.  Now here's the weird part- on the main order status page it says BACKORDER, but when I click on View/Edit order it shows everything 'In Stock' and In Process.  

So I emailed CS to see if I could get some clarification.  I wrote: "Hi,
I ordered this item when everything was available for immediate ship with
an EDD of 11/24.  Now when I go to the order status page this evening it is
showing the order as BACKORDER, but when I click on "View My Order" it
states that it is processing.  So I would just like to check that my order
is indeed in process and not backordered.
Thank you."

The response: "Thank you for emailing QVC, *name removed*
I'm sorry, but this item is temporarily out of stock. We'll make every
effort to fill your order. If we are unable to do so within 2 to 3 weeks,
your order will be canceled and you'll be notified. We appreciate your
patience.
Item Number / Description:V35104/Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush
It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Thank you for shopping with QVC!"

I figure if I made the order during the time when they stated they had immediate shipment available, even if they ran out at the very least shouldn't my order go to the first advance shipment that was available? But I am also hoping it is just a glitch on the Order Status page because I have a Mrs Prindables order that is not shipping until Dec. 18th that states it is IN PROCESS instead of the usual ADVANCE ORDER.  So who knows.  There's no point in me getting all bent out of shape about it, it either comes or it doesn't.  Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this type of situation and what was the outcome.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Having A Backorder Problem?

I've had 2 items that I ordered within the last couple weeks say "in process" for over a week.  When I call, I'm told its a manufacturer problem and they have no ides when it'll be shipped.  I ordered both items when the product has shown that they were available and both items were TSVs.  Think Q is overselling product.  I have one item that I need to call about this morning.

Respected Contributor

There is a disconnect between the QVC "inventory" and the manufacturer.  Most of these items come directly from the manufacturer, so QVC does not always have the most updated inventory informtation when you place your order.  I do believe, however, that you will eventually receive it.

@mrsmatt

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

@mrsmatt - Welcome to posting here!  

This is just my guess, but I don't think QVC processes orders in the order they are placed.  They also try to play a numbers game with trying to estimate how many orders will get cancelled, how many people who put the item in their cart won't actually check out, credit card & easy pay problems, etc and figure that into the total quantity remaining.  Sometimes they get it wrong.  But, many times I have noticed that the day after a TSV, colors/sizes that were sold out are now available. 

I believe you will get eventually get your order, just not as soon as you hoped.  They are still taking advance orders so Sonicare must plan on making more quantity available. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts!  Tonight it is showing as processing again so fingers crossed I get it in the next couple weeks before I leave town.  I have only had one backorder in my years with the Q and it was an item that was literally selling out as people were ordering with no restock- when it became backordered I just asked for a different color and it was fine.  This was just a little disconcerting with all the advanced order dates and knowing my order was put in before all that.