Respected Contributor

Re: If I missed it, let me apologize...

I also didn't think it was a proper way to pay tribute to Pat.  I don't understand why she had to do half the show with the TSV.  What kind of celebration was that?  And where was a cake?  I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned it was pathetic.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was amazed at the so-called tribute to Pat.  She immediately launched into a presentation of the TSV that went on for 25 minutes.

Jayne Brown was with her and there were brief visits by Dan and a few other regulars who appeared for maybe 30 seconds, some flashes of photos of her family, a few brief comments by Nicole and the rest of the hour was business as usual with product presentations.

If that's what thirty five years gets you, I'd tell them to forget it.  How disappointing.  It was little more than a routine show.

@Kachina624 Boo hoo.  I think most of us are lucky to get a pay check for 35 years.  I like her and think she does a great job, but it's a job. 

Trusted Contributor

That's just sad after 35 years not to even have a cake. It doesn't matter to me if she didn't want any fanfare. A cake should have been rolled out. They didn't have to cut it or eat it. Just some nice symbolism. JMHO.

I like Pat very much. Another dying breed of what a lady acts like. She is a sweetheart.

Trusted Contributor

The cake was on the table with the champagne.

Screenshot_20220818-223951.png

Honored Contributor

I DVR'd it and watched tonight. 

I agree - they should have brought her a cake at the end of the show. 

I noticed there was a Susan Graver show right before this. IMO they could have done the tribute during the hour before when she hosted with Susan Graver. Hasn't she been a host for this show for a long time? That just makes more sense to me, and Jayne could have been there too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was amazed at the so-called tribute to Pat.  She immediately launched into a presentation of the TSV that went on for 25 minutes.

Jayne Brown was with her and there were brief visits by Dan and a few other regulars who appeared for maybe 30 seconds, some flashes of photos of her family, a few brief comments by Nicole and the rest of the hour was business as usual with product presentations.

If that's what thirty five years gets you, I'd tell them to forget it.  How disappointing.  It was little more than a routine show.

@Kachina624 Boo hoo.  I think most of us are lucky to get a pay check for 35 years.  I like her and think she does a great job, but it's a job. 

@Sooner 

A multi multi million dollar generating job with millions of people watching & trusting her as a host for 35 years. Not your average "job".

Respected Contributor

It is so interesting to read these comments, as if working many years for a shopping company is such a special achievement that must be publicly honored!

I do not really keep track of any of the years of the QVC sales staff.  I know many, many people who have worked MUCH longer at more demanding and professional careers, especially in my own family.

In the very old days after 50 years/retirement you would get your gold watch if you worked for a good company.

I still remember when I was much, much younger and I went to a local restaurant all the waitresses wore little pins with the number of years they worked, and many had over thirty years.  I always felt sorry for them because they looked tired, and I think their feet hurt.

The most important thing is to be happy and satisfied oneself with work, and then plan for a somewhat relaxing and fulfilling retirement.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner 

A multi multi million dollar generating job with millions of people watching & trusting her as a host for 35 years. Not your average "job".

@rockygems123 Why 35 years?  Why not 30? How about 36?  I don't see the big deal.  Maybe retirement, but when did 35 years become the standard for honor and recognition?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not shocked at the vitriolic, miserable comments about the event. 

Many,  many organizations acknowledge years of service,  often in 5 year increments. 

My company notes anniversaries starting at the fifth year.  Anniversaries starting at year 5 are acknowledged with small gifts, time off rewards, and eventually luncheons and receptions with 20 years or more of service. 

QVC has had on air 5th year celebrations, so it would be awkward to ignore the significance of a 35 year milestone.  Pat is quite deserving of all acknowledgments received....and more.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

I totally agree with you. I thought the show was not at all acceptable for someone working 35 years there! Not enough QVC hosts came on to congratulate Pat, and, they spent, like you said, too much time on the TSV!

I called my family to remind them and they were very disappointed also! One of them said it was awful! We all expected so much more and a better celebration.