Honored Contributor

If I missed it, let me apologize...

...but what kind of celebration or mention was afforded Pat DeM for her 35 years of service.  I must have missed it but it has been a busy week.  I had doctors' appointments over 100 miles out of town and each in a different direction.

Honored Contributor

Re: If I missed it, let me apologize...

I was amazed at the so-called tribute to Pat.  She immediately launched into a presentation of the TSV that went on for 25 minutes.

Jayne Brown was with her and there were brief visits by Dan and a few other regulars who appeared for maybe 30 seconds, some flashes of photos of her family, a few brief comments by Nicole and the rest of the hour was business as usual with product presentations.

If that's what thirty five years gets you, I'd tell them to forget it.  How disappointing.  It was little more than a routine show.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday 

Go to 'Items Recently on Air', there was a show titled 'Pat's 35th Anniversary' that aired at 11AM EST today.

In this show she had the TSV (of course) and 4 clearance/sale items...... that's it.

ETA: If that's what a very popular host for 35 years gets, the newer hosts are probably shaking in their boots.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Maybe she didn't want a big whoop-dee-doo.

Honored Contributor

If that's what she wanted, and its very possible, she surely got her wish.  I can understand a person not wanting a fuss but why call it a "tribute"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the show, but looked it up later.  I said.......that's what they gave her to sell????  Did they even have a cake or anything?

She deserved so much more than that!!  But, like someone else said, maybe she didn't want anything.  Whatever, she is a great host!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

That is such an insult to this beautiful woman who has sold millions of dollars in products.  How could they do this to her even if she said she did not want a tribute.  You surprise people with gushy stuff and make them blush.  What on earth.  I am embarassed for her.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

That is such an insult to this beautiful woman who has sold millions of dollars in products.  How could they do this to her even if she said she did not want a tribute.  You surprise people with gushy stuff and make them blush.  What on earth.  I am embarassed for her.

@Nonametoday 

I'm embarrassed for QVC, even if she didn't want a lot of hoopla, they couldn't give her any new merchandise to present during her 'Anniversary Show'??

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Maybe they had something after off air.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like Jill Bauers farewell show after twenty five years as a host on QVC. It was one hour long and it mainly consisted of food. They didn't have a cake for her but a cheesecake was presented and she ate a slice. So much for showing someone appreciation.