Honored Contributor

Re: If I Wanted to Watch HSN, I Would...

Welcome to the Communty @amcswee   I can see your point because for a time, the channels used to be different and to some degree unique.  Since the acquisition/merger or whatever they are calling it, I find it helps me to think of QVC and HSN as Qurate North and Qurate South.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Remember years ago when posters were afraid (or was it forbidden) to mention HSN and kept referring to it as "the shopping channel down south"?

How things change!

Honored Contributor

A half hour ago.......I bought two Candle Impressions (QVC) items at the Humane Society Thrift.   $1.50 each.  Brand new (not even dusty), except they needed new batteries................     Please don't tell anybody (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I don't watch HSN and I think it's just because I'm a Q fan...kind of feels like cheating, ya know Smiley Wink I enjoy the crossover of the brands - keep bringing! It's new goodies to me Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

During a recent show, Shawn referred to HSN as "our sister channel."  Makes good business sense (at least to me) to have vendors and products go between the two channels to see what sells to which viewers.

Respected Contributor

@amcswee wrote:

Patricia Nash handbags and Beekman Brothers were former HSN brands...maybe still are. I watch QVC because I think their product line is (was) better.  So stop bringing all the HSN stuff. I can change to that channel if I want those products.

@amcswee:  Welcome to the boards! QVC and HSN have been under the same owners (Qurate Retail) for well over a year now and little by little some of the same products sell on both channels. We've all got a choice. I think it's great. We can shop QVC or HSN or both!

Honored Contributor

@GrouchomarxUndoubtedly some do.  I don't shop HSN, or Evine, or Etsy, or....

For me. it's mostly local along with some QVC -  and even here, lots of lines could disappear and I wouldn't know until someone came here and talked about them.

Trusted Contributor

Just for you they will.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

The reason I shopped at HSN at all was because it had different products.  So, what's the incentive for shopping there if both continue to share vendors.  

From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to me if they remain competitive, each one offering their own products. With all the possible products in the retail market, QVC doesn't need to take from HSN. 

Expected QVC to swallow up HSN when I heard about the buyout.  It often happens, two become one. 

Now that the Beauty channel didn't survive, will HSN eventually become Q3, HSN's second channel become Q4?

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Remember years ago when posters were afraid (or was it forbidden) to mention HSN and kept referring to it as "the shopping channel down south"?

How things change!

And next, they'll change HSN's name to QVC S.

I want to see completely different products on each channel, what's the point if one becomes a duplication of the other?  I think they'll just close HSN down.  

No one listens to the customers, but I can speak with my money, I guess.