Trusted Contributor

Press Red Dot 🔴 on remote to shop

Does anyone have Direct Tv out there and noticed a blue bar in the top right corner that says press 🔴 to shop. In doing so you can purchase the item on air right from the Tv, just noticed it this evening. My friends that don’t have Direct TV do not have it so I am assuming this is something new with Direct TV and the Q. Don’t know if u are just able to purchase the item on air and I think I don’t want to know LOL but it’s kind of neat and handy for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Press Red Dot 🔴 on remote to shop

I meant to post this in Q Talk oh well🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I have something similar with AT&T U-verse.

I think there's a setting somewhere to eliminate it.

Doesn't bother me, I rarely watch Q

Honored Contributor

I have Direct TV and I have noticed the red dot to shop. I haven't tried to use it though. I noticed it about a month ago. It could have been there longer.  I don't watch QVC or any TV all that much.

When we had Comcast, I could shop on HSN by using my TV remote.  The feature was really nice.

Honored Contributor

I noticed in about the last month. I don't know what happens when you click on it, as Direct TV should not be accessing my credit cards for another company's purchase. Maybe one of these day when there really is something on the screen that I want, I will try it and find out.

I do notice it is not on HSN and it is not on QVC2 or Beauty IQ.

Makes me wonder if Direct TV has contracts with QVC and possibly other networks to offer this to the viewer.

Respected Contributor

I see it on QVC, but this is just recent. I have seen it on HSN for quite awhile now it seems. Played around with it when I first noticed it on HSN. Way too slow trying to maneuver around. Never ordered anything that way though, just browsed. Knew right away I’d stick to online ordering. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I am unsure about it also and I was tempted to press buy it now to see what the next step was but I am Leary of the whole new process. I do think the Q must have something going with a direct tv. Until I know someone that has used it I am not trying it. It’s probably safe to use like anything else but it’s just too new for me.

if anyone has purchased this way I would be curious as to how it works. I do think it’s a convenient idea. I don’t usually watch the Q I do browse on line though.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed my Cox cable does this with HSN -- whenever I stop at HSN's channel, a notification comes on the screen that says to use the "Select" button to order the item on air.  I've never done that, and never will.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

This article explains how shop by remote works for HSN.

https://www.hsn.com/Article/shop-by-remote/3803

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I have comcast and we can shop with HSN like this. I have never used it. I prefer the app on my phone.