Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Shanus  .... What exactly on that show is he selling that would be classified "southern hospitality" ?

@Sheila P-Burg   I have no idea. I heard them mention it in passing. Maybe items pertaining to housewares, entertaining, etc.? 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  .... Thank you I have heard them mention it also but they did not go into detail what they meant. So far all items he has sold on that show is normal things. 

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

David is a fan favorite! He has a good rapport with countless, regular viewers, and customers. Many trust his recommendations of food, kitchen gadgets and gizmos, appliances and cleaning products, because of his descriptions and knowledge of the products. He is the resident "foodie" at The Q. I have been a regular customer for YEARS and have purchased many, many kitchen items based on his recommendations. His passion for cooking, and understanding of the need for reliable workhorses in the kitchen, like Kitchenaid products, Vitamix and others, are important to me. He is like a friend that you meet every Sunday for lunch. It stands to reason that sales are better with David at the helm, and I miss him when he is gone.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I love watching David V. ITKWD.

It makes me happy to turn on the TV and watch/listen.  I look forward to his show.  Sometimes buying, sometimes not.  

I just enjoy his kitchen shows.  (Happy dances, food faces, everything).  

Honored Contributor

Viewers love David.  Nuf said.

Honored Contributor

I think David and Rick are the top two now that Lisa is gone.  

When David does those marathon 5 hours shows on Sunday, you will notice that he has to come out from his "break" to say something about the product.  I suspect when he leaves the room, sales drop and they pull him out to show his face and say a few words so sales pick up again.

Jane has said many times that ITKWD is the "flagship" show of the channel.  It's truly the only show that's been around since the early days and has always been successful even before David was the host.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Years ago (maybe before ITKWD) David sold jewelry and always wore a suit for the presentations.    I like David, but I would like it if they had a show where someone actually cooked.  I guess closest to it is the KA  lady.  I like the tips and suggestions she gives.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

I feel exactly the same way!  I have nothing against David personally, but the constant updates on colors, how many sold, how many sold in this show alone, really gets on my nerves.  I actually turn it off and just look online.  I really don't care how many are sold in this show alone; to me that is he wanting his numbers.

Yes, but don't all the hosts do that?  I'm one who tunes in to some shows (usually beauty) and wait to hear info on the product when the host--any of them---must pipe in & interrupt the vendor to let us know only 1000 left & going fast!  The vendor will start to talk again and the same thing "umpteen left in this color".  Drives me insane. Let the vendor speak!

Trusted Contributor

No food or kitchen tool would make me do The Happy Dance.

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

David is a fan favorite! He has a good rapport with countless, regular viewers, and customers. Many trust his recommendations of food, kitchen gadgets and gizmos, appliances and cleaning products, because of his descriptions and knowledge of the products. He is the resident "foodie" at The Q. I have been a regular customer for YEARS and have purchased many, many kitchen items based on his recommendations. His passion for cooking, and understanding of the need for reliable workhorses in the kitchen, like Kitchenaid products, Vitamix and others, are important to me. He is like a friend that you meet every Sunday for lunch. It stands to reason that sales are better with David at the helm, and I miss him when he is gone.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Ho Hum, 

Respected Contributor

To answer your question, I doubt that DV being on vacation affected sales. The time after Christmas is slow for sales. I would hazard a guess that most consumers are  shopped out. Sales are down anyway. So that is the reason DV takes his vacation at that time. Sales wouldn't be affected all that much.

In years past, I would watch DV's show frequently. Wednesday and Sunday I would be watching. But, very seldom would I buy. I don't buy items just because he recommend them. I do my research, check reviews at other sites,etc.  Now, I seldom watch QVC. David's shows are boring with the same items on his shows. The happy dance, eye rolls, close ups of him chewing, etc. are silly.  I'm sure he is a very nice guy off camera. I'm sure he needs a rest from being "on" with his character all the time. But having him on multiple days in a row, is to much.  His shows aren't  new or fun or anticipating.  Don't get the Southern Hospitality thing either. Don't see any difference in areas of the country the way people act.