Contributor

Ok, yes I work at Walmart. We are starting to limit some of the products. Example: if a customer in line has 12 bottles of a limited item, I at the register need to take some away. This is to allow other customers to get a limited item.

So yesterday at work, I have been called every name in the book. Please know that while I am getting cursed at I am working for you. I am also 68 years old.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of language

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 

So sorry you are experiencing the bad attitudes of some customers.  I work in retail, but my business is nonessential, so I am out of a job right now.  Probably not a bad thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 

I am sorry that you have to endure not only the uncertainty and fatigue of continued work, but now abuse from customers.  I was at my local Walmart just a few days ago and all employees were hard at work, many restocking essential items.  I'm happy to report that I did not hear one customer being rude or unkind, not only to each other, but to the employees.  In fact, most customers were thanking the employees profusely for being there and doing their best under such challenges.

Please know that even though there are those that are unappreciative, there are many more of us that are truly grateful for your continued diligence now. Try not to take anything personally.  My best to you.🙏❤️

Trusted Contributor

You have my deepest sympathy! There are no words that adequately describe the people who hoard in times of an emergency. They are beneath contempt. That they would call you names for catching them at their greedy, selfish worst is to be expected from someone who is so morally bankrupt. When one of these bottom-feeders gives you trouble, try picking up your intercom and, so that the whole store hears you, announce that you have a hoarder at register ___  loudly call for assistance removing extra items. Public humiliation is the best way to deal with people who have no shame.

Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart

[ Edited ]

@Libra2 wrote:

Ok, yes I work at Walmart. We are starting to limit some of the products. Example: if a customer in line has 12 bottles of a limited item, I at the register need to take some away. This is to allow other customers to get a limited item.

So yesterday at work, I have been called every name in the book. Please know that while I am getting cursed at I am working for you. I am also 68 years old.

@Libra2 

May God bless you and keep you safe and less stressed in the coming days as people learn the necessity of your doing what you do.  I don't like it but I truly understand it.  I cannot find distilled water for DH Bipap at either of the big box stores or my regular chain grocer.  I am frustrated.  I am spending lots of time exposing myself to others in order to find this one simple item.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 

Thank you so much for working for us during this virus!  I am a regular Walmart shopper and the workers at my local store have all been a blessing to us during these hard times.  Please know that there are many more of us that appreciate what you are doing for us!

I am sorry that some are so rude and mean.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2 

So sorry you have to endure such things.  I am a devoted Walmart customer, and will continue to shop there.

It's a shame that people are being extra rude.  Perhaps a manager or supervisor could be called in to give back up to the cashiers.  

If it gets too bad, I would hope the store considers having security protect the workers.

Please keep posting!

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 if it happens again, give em the biggest smile you have and call out "SECURITY!!!!"

Seriously though, I've had days at work when I left feeling about an inch tall cuz I'd been knocked down all day long.  In the end, it'll be OK.  Doesn't feel like it, but it will.  You're doing great.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2, I am so sorry that you have to deal with the verbal abuse at a time like this. I know many of us applaud what you are doing and truly appreciate workers like yourself.