Honored Contributor

I don't buy into the excuses.  There is NO excuse for people to treat you this way and I'm so sorry that it is happening.  

It actually scares me a great deal because I see the distinct possibility of escalation. 

I hope you can stay safe.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

That was really nice of Walmart to give bonuses to employees who are working during these times.  A lot of employers wouldn't do that.  

Super Contributor

i am sorry you have to deal with rude customers. everybody is frustrated going through  this difficult time and may behave in ways that are not typical. every individual has a different set of circumstances, so you don't know what they are facing in their private lives that makes them act the way they do. i believe we should all be kind and give each other the benefit of the doubt. that being said, as a customer of walmart for many years i will no longer be shoping there given their new approach to customers. they are supposed to implement this policy next week.  only one door outside will be open, instead of two. which will make the lines longer. and make it difficult for a person like me to stand in them. i am disabled and can't  stand or walk without great difficulty. i need a scooter to shop. they will only be allowing 5 customers in for every 1,000 feet. and will be only allowing customers to go in ONE direction throughout the store. no TWO way traffic. i think this is a terrible idea because it will force people to be closer together than not, even though they claim it won't because it supposedly will still keep you 6ft apart.  being forced into another endless line, going at a snails pace,  inside the store, to me is bad business. and won't be helpful, particularly to those who are disabled. i appreciate that walmart wants to help their customers avoid the spread of this virus. but when you say you will have special days for the seniors and disabled you should make it easier, not harder to shop. 

Trusted Contributor

I was at Walmart early yesterday morning.  I was waiting to enter, carefully standing 6 feet from the person in front of me.  Then an employee was right over my shoulder saying, "Excuse me," and passed by me too close for comfort.  I was so aggravated!  Employees should wait 6 feet apart, too, or have another entrance.  I tried to find a manager to report my concern, but ended up only telling the greeter.  

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I agree with poster(s) here who say this pandemic has brought out the worst in people. I feel for the people who work at the stores right now, having to put up with such rude.behavior .  And I still don't understand the hoarding. I was at my local WM yesterday and overheard a man bragging that he's got about 50 pkgs of TP stored in his closet.  Stop hogging it all so others can't get any!  The store clerks also have to watch out for the greedy people who try to come in multiple times to get the TP.  Unbelievable!

Respectfully, it seems to me that we've had a training course in rudeness that began well before the pandemic arrived, but present circumstances have certainly brought it to a head.

I've never been geographically restrained, as DH and I are now, and to describe my circumstances as unique is a massive understatement, so the only conscious, positive gesture I have access to making is that of posting "Thank You" when I run across some expression of kindness expressed by others.

I frequent music sites on Facebook, and some of the performances, played or sung by people whose lives and livelihoods have been decimated, are outstanding. I listen over and over to these amazing "recitals", generously offered, and thank those who perform them.

I thank delivery people who bring us essentials. 

I thank medical contacts who care for my loved one.

My life has gotten so much smaller, and my gratitude and appreciation have gotten much bigger.

Respected Contributor

On behalf of millions of WM shoppers I apologize and thank you for all you do...

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...