Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart

[ Edited ]

I knew people were greedy, I just did not know how much and how many.

Bless you @Libra2 ..........I could not do your job.  I would have punched someones lights out and be in jail for assault.

You have my utmost respect.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Our local Walmart hasn't limited items. . .yet.

When the going gets tough, just remember your employee discount (which has been expanded recently) and that you get to shop early before the other customers are let in.  

I hope it gets better for you.  ❤️

Regular Contributor

I like that solution! To all of selfish folks get over yourselves. Who do you think you are?That's worries me,the people who refuse to practice sensibilities. Those who blame it on the Chinese or that feel it's some kind of conspiracy and those who refuse to look out for others. To all the folks who work to keep us fed, and supplied thank you and be well.

Honored Contributor

Wow, people are just so rude, i am sorry ,times like this really brings the true self out in people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Oh Libra2 - I can just imagine. I worked in retail and was yelled at and hit with shopping bags. I can not imagine what you must have to deal with. I am so sorry.

But I know with our store it made all the people who worked there close friends. Because we were all dealing with the same people and mess. I quit 20 years ago but I still go out to lunch and meet every month with the people that I worked with. We still talk about our days working in retail. We also dealt with some very nice people but the nasty people and events are quite memorable and not in a good way. I would never work in retail again.

Sorry you have to deal with it. But after awhile because it happens so often that you detach yourself from the situation and just stand and observe the person acting out.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2I am so sorry some folks are acting that way. My son works for Costco so you can imagine the stories also..Many are wonderful, some are not..Just know that more of us love all of you for what you do, whatever store you are working so hard to keep stocked, clean, safe. 

I hope we all come out of this with a much deeper appreciation for each other & that kindess to each all  will see us thru, not greed....Smiley Happy

Contributor

I am so very sorry to hear the verbal abuse you are taking. Please know that most people appreciate the job you are doing. Stay safe and be well.

Respected Contributor

I always have thought that people are at their worse in hospitals - anxiety, illness, life/death, stress, and just not feeling well.  I've changed my mind - we are all stressed beyond belief (I am an "essential" worker too, and have been in the office all week).   So much need, so little resources.   

We've lost our s*it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor
I would like to encourage anyone standing behind such animals in line that would talk to an employee that way, to yes get security, but to stand up for them as well. I applaud all you working to keep the shelves stocked, up and running. And putting your health and well being in the line. Maybe Walmart should ban these people that show such disrespect. God bless❤️❤️
Honored Contributor

@Libra2 wrote:

Ok, yes I work at Walmart. We are starting to limit some of the products. Example: if a customer in line has 12 bottles of a limited item, I at the register need to take some away. This is to allow other customers to get a limited item.

So yesterday at work, I have been called every name in the book. Please know that while I am getting cursed at I am working for you. I am also 68 years old.

I am so sorry.  People should understand and appreciate that if customer service people were not working they would not be able to purchase anything.  Once again so sorry.