Honored Contributor

Re: I'm done with Easy Pay!!

I love Easy Pay. The problem is when you open a Q Card or and HSN Card or an Evine Card and suddenly have a BOATLOAD of Easy Pays all due at the same time and it's a few hundred plus PER card.

I use my Debit Card for the Easy Pays. THis way, I can't get sucked in to the automatic 3 payments; the item HAS to have an easy payment attatched at that time. By doing it with my debit card, there is not interest EVER and I have to keep to a strict budget because it comes right out of my bank account.

Works for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't use Easy Pay. Part of the problem l have with it would be keeping track of all the installments on my monthly credit card statements. That would be too much of a hassle for me. I imagine that mistakes could easily be made, and then good luck trying to correct them, lol

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I love Easy Pay. The problem is when you open a Q Card or and HSN Card or an Evine Card and suddenly have a BOATLOAD of Easy Pays all due at the same time and it's a few hundred plus PER card.

I use my Debit Card for the Easy Pays. THis way, I can't get sucked in to the automatic 3 payments; the item HAS to have an easy payment attatched at that time. By doing it with my debit card, there is not interest EVER and I have to keep to a strict budget because it comes right out of my bank account.

Works for me.

@SahmIam: The problem l have with a debit card is regarding returns. They've already taken the money out of your bank account, so l don't like having to wait for them to put it back in.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  I agree with you on that... it can take FOREVER and often messes up a balance because what they returned isn't correct.

I opened up another account with my bank JUST to use for shopping via these 3 stores. I can control how and when I pay and I only keep in the account money for each months payments. It works well for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam: The problem l have with a debit card is regarding returns. They've already taken the money out of your bank account, so l don't like having to wait for them to put it back in.

I agree.  If you order on a debt card and decide you don't want item , the money is tied up for several days.  I have had them ping my card twice and had to wait for days to have it put back.  That does not happen with my credit card.   

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone that is opening cards with all these shopping channels and ordering on all 3 should not have all 3.   It is called control.   Try a notebook -- it really works.

Esteemed Contributor

I never understood the lure of EZPay. The credit card bill does arrive --- and u do have to pay it. Then, u buy a few more things on EZPay since u think it's a great deal - and most of the things u ordered u don't need --- and the credit card bill arrives again. It's like a revolving door.

Only $1.00 a day!!!!! It's so "old". You could get it home for $3.25!!!!

I recently ordered 3 Isaac Mizrahi pima cotton t-shirts - the same shirt in different colors. I assumed they would put all the shirts in one plastic bag and it would cost me $3.00. NO - they arrived in 3 separate plastic bags (all at the same time) - cost $9.00.

They were way too long on me as I'm short --- and the stretchy part wrapped around my backside and looked horrible. I then had to return -- $6.45. Total loss: $15.45. No More Shopping!!!!!