Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm done with Easy Pay!!

@Bobbieg wrote:

Easy pay is nice for some, but not for all of us. I just lost my DH and am trying to pay off my bills (QVC) I don't owe much but if I don't keep it under control  it would be difficult to pay off and easy pay has to go!! I'll have to pay it off by the month only, or as I buy!

So sorry for your loss...

I used Easy pay for several items the beginning of the year and was shocked when I saw my CC statement too! It is easy to forget how much you bought if you are not careful. That won't happen again....

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of easy pay.  The only time I've used it has been when I was careless when ordering, or back when QVC would default to easy pay when offered.  As soon as I realized, I quickly converted to full pay.  If I can't afford to pay in full when the bill comes, I don't buy.  (OP:  so sorry for your loss.)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used EP a couple of times in the past, but haven't for years just because it is too tempting to buy too many things.  Nice for some, but not for me.

Respected Contributor

I use easy pay but I manage it carefully.  I have a magnetic whiteboard on my frig.  Each month when I pay my bill, I go through my easy pays and figure out how much I will need to pay next month.  This number goes on my whiteboard. If I buy something else, that total goes on the whiteboard.  Keeping a running total of what next month's bill will be keeps my on budget.  I am never surprised when I receive my cc statement because I already know what the bill will be.

Valued Contributor

When I used to shop QVC I only did easy pay one item at a time. In others words once a item was paid off, only then would I purchase another item. As I stated before QVC uses the easy pay as a carrot on a stick. Since they only offer on special occasions, customers wait on these occasions. Now it's more flexible with the QVC card. Thanks but no thanks. When and if I order again debit or cash only, same as before.

Trusted Contributor

I recently got in trouble with EZ pays, too.  To compound the problem of too many EZ pays, my debit card got hacked and I had to cancel it.  For the period of time that I had to wait to get the new card, the EZ pays stacked up, causing quite a problem on my account because I am limited to 12 transactions per day on my card. 

Lesson learned!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate easy pay!!!  I only used it lately for some christmas stuff and even that I really dislike!

Valued Contributor

I only use easy pay for CIJ or maybe a harvest show.  Two or three items is my limit.  There's not a thing I'm tempted to purchase from QVC any other time of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

I love easy pay.  I have a notebook and I have each month marked, so I know what I owe.  If I have extra , I make 2 payments.  It is not the easy pay that is the problem, it is the fact your not keeping track of what you are ordering.   Easy pay is awsome when you want a 300.00 leather bag.  I put that and only that on easy pay, and don't place anything else on easy pay, til it is paid off.  It really is not hard. 

Honored Contributor

Easy Pay is wonderful for that special, expensive treat item that you want, but it is suicide for every day things.  Adds up and you're chipping away at the payments forever.

I have been part of QVC since almost the beginning.  I've had a Q Card (paid off and cancelled).  It's when we moved across country five years ago that I did all this, and we lived in our motorhome for about six months.  It was a "turnback" for me to simpler times and I realized how much I didn't need or really want.  I no longer buy food on the Q (many reasons, but that is one of them)... found very good products locally wherever we were with no EZpays and paid for immediately.  

Although I'm back ordering things on the Q, I'm far more discerning as to what I really want, what I'll really use and if I do use EZpay I keep exact track of it on a spread sheet I can see at my computer desk while I'm watching the show....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*