Contributor

Re: Host for Garden Show (S.B.)

Why was she wearing an apron?  I saw that it had the name of her show on it sort of like David's apron.  I thought she was going to host a cooking show at first.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

That 'girl' is FIFTY years old...according to her.  If you don't like Sandra.......working mother of two.....doing a good job at her....job.

(what's not to like I ask?)

(so easy to sit back and criticize a garden show)

Esteemed Contributor

I thought she was the one who was leaving ?

Respected Contributor

Yes this was occurring before the pandemic.

And, at least to me, understandable. You still had someone taking in your ear! You still electronics graphs, charts and clocks, camera cues and upcoming products as distractions because it's live television. 

All I want from any host is a non-irritating voice and a no nonsense factual description of the product.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hear Sandra interrupting often.  In fact, there was another complaint about that just a day or two ago, now probably zapped.  I find her not at all likable. 

Agree with @Kachina624 .  Sandra is the worst at interrupting a vendor. 

Super Contributor

so S.B. is the host that always has something to interject from her personal life--sometimes I want to say "who cares"--she'll talk about her grandmother when she can fill in some time--she'll talk about her family also more times then I would want to know--you are taking up time with your "stories"--not enjoyable-----------marynj

Honored Contributor

She speed-mumbles.  And she gushes over guests.  I find both practices annoying.

Honored Contributor

Sandra doesn't have a smooth way of interjecting personal stories. Some hosts do it better than others.  Sandra abruptly interrupts vendors all the time to say some personal antidote she just thought of, and it usually goes on for a bit.  It does get very, very frustrating.  She seems so lovely, but I rarely watch an entire show of hers. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Bustier She seems like a nice lady, and I really can't recall her interrupting anyone today. But, she doesn't belong hosting a garden show. 

I agree.  A couple weeks ago, Sandra, while selling Cottage Farm marigolds, caressed carnations that had been mixed in.  She didn't appear to notice the problem..

For me, Carolyn Gracie is the only host with gardening cred.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Bustier She seems like a nice lady, and I really can't recall her interrupting anyone today. But, she doesn't belong hosting a garden show. 

I agree.  A couple weeks ago, Sandra, while selling Cottage Farm marigolds, caressed carnations that had been mixed in.  She didn't appear to notice the problem..

For me, Carolyn Gracie is the only host with gardening cred.

@ValuSkr 

I agree, Carolyn and Pat are actual gardeners and provide expertise and credibility for a gardening show.... I thought it was a bit odd that SB was given a garden show she doesn't seem to mesh well, she's more into fashion and accessories, and does OK discussing some of the home products .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”