Trusted Contributor

Re: Host for Garden Show (S.B.)

Honestly if u need a host to watch that's so much fun then put Julia Cearley on and doesn't interrupt. The vendors just love her. Give Julia C the primetime hours
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hear Sandra interrupting often.  In fact, there was another complaint about that just a day or two ago, now probably zapped.  I find her not at all likable. 

@Kachina624 

Yep, that was me talking about Sandra and her constant interruptions.  I might not have started the topic, but I certainly added to it. 

Sandra interrupts non-stop. 

I find it more and more cringey to watch QVC these days and the reason is all the interrupting.  Its like these hosts cannot help themselves.  No wonder Chaz Dean talks a mile a minute.  He wants to get it all in before he is interrupted by every single host on QVC.  It really is a turn off. 

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac.  There are constant complaints here about hosts interrupting vendors whose information people want to hear.  Too bad management doesn't use the boards to their advantage and heed our comments.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shaunac.  There are constant complaints here about hosts interrupting vendors whose information people want to hear.  Too bad management doesn't use the boards to their advantage and heed our comments.

@Kachina624 

Besides being rude, what I think hosts often forget is that the vendors are getting a chance (maybe even just 5 minutes) to sell their product.  Especially the smaller businesses.  Give the time to the vendors and not go on and on about your daughters or chatting with your co-host or the silliness of giggling and high pitched squeals.  All this is taking time away from vendors.  It is not a look-at-me moment, but a time to highlight someone's business.   Here's a thought:  act professional, you know, like a host. 

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Besides being rude, what I think hosts often forget is that the vendors are getting a chance (maybe even just 5 minutes) to sell their product.  Especially the smaller businesses.  Give the time to the vendors and not go on and on about your daughters or chatting with your co-host or the silliness of giggling and high pitched squeals.  All this is taking time away from vendors.  It is not a look-at-me moment, but a time to highlight someone's business.   Here's a thought:  act professional, you know, like a host. 

@Shaunac 

WELL SAID!!! 👏

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@danedylan 

LOL..do you ever watch Jane Tracey?

@

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Bustier She seems like a nice lady, and I really can't recall her interrupting anyone today. But, she doesn't belong hosting a garden show. 

I agree.  A couple weeks ago, Sandra, while selling Cottage Farm marigolds, caressed carnations that had been mixed in.  She didn't appear to notice the problem..

For me, Carolyn Gracie is the only host with gardening cred.

According to Carolyn. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Bustier She seems like a nice lady, and I really can't recall her interrupting anyone today. But, she doesn't belong hosting a garden show. 

@PA Mom-mom  Man am I glad to see this post.  I so agree!  Why in the world would they not have her doing more beauty with that beautiful skin??  I saw JT doing way to much beauty.  Jeeze QVC use women with beautiful skin to do the beauty shows and I think she is ok with garden but I don't think it suits her.  

Trusted Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
Honestly if u need a host to watch that's so much fun then put Julia Cearley on and doesn't interrupt. The vendors just love her. Give Julia C the primetime hours

Please no!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

@Bustier 

It is a common complaint abour ALL hosts.  The producer tells the host something in his/her earpiece.  The producer tells the host that he/she must mention this information RIGHT NOW.  Some hosts do it with finesse, others do come off as rude sometimes.  All-in-all, in my opinion, Sandra is one of the better hosts.  You will form your own opinions, of course.  Sandra has a pleasant, on-air voice.  She does not mumble and make up words and speak too fast. She does not make up unrelated stories and give personal family information while selling a product.  She does actually have accurate information to give to the customers who are watching. 

-----------------

I agree with you and I prefer Sandra to many of the other hosts!!  Though because of Susan G's irritating presentation skills,  I do not watch her when hosting with Graver show.

My only suggestion is...Sandra - do not drop your voice when finishing a thought or sentence.  So often, her voice drops to a whisper and frankly is just too hard to hear!

I do think she is a gardener, maybe not at Pat's or Carolyn's level.  But she often talks about her plants, inside and outside.