Honored Contributor

Re: Host Thomas Anthony "TJ" Jones Leaving QVC

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 ,

Did you see my post about TJ on the NPR story, directly above/prior to yours?
       It has the details for those who want to find and listen to the brief audio clip.😊

@dooBdoo 

Actually, I did look, but I think they were so close in time that you had posted it while I was still writing my comment.  That's why I didn't see it until you pointed it out.   Thanks!  

You're welcome, and thank you@Tinkrbl44😊

I was starting to feel like the invisible poster.... (just kidding)🙃😜😉😂

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Visitor

I just searched to find out why I haven't seen TJ. I really liked his personality. I am truly sorry he's no longer with QVC, especially since he was the only black male host. I wish you well TJ.
Occasional Contributor

I echo that I found TJ to be extremely likeable, but I didn't feel like his style of hosting was compatible with the Q. I will NEVER forget the gaffe a few months back when he showed up in grey sweatpants leaving nothing to the imagination, and the camera zoomed out and he saw himself on the monitor and then the director switched to the B-roll footage REALLY fast, and when they went back to the live shot he was doing his best to pull his shirt down as far as it could go! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@DCResident..Wow, that little NPR Link interview was very interesting to read. Who knew? Lol. Thanks for posting it.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI, the link to the NPR interview that was just posted was deleted by the moderators when it was posted earlier in this thread, so it will likely be deleted again.

(See this post on page 5 of this thread plus the two or three posts that follow it:
https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Host-Thomas-Anthony-quot-TJ-quot-Jones-Leaving-QVC/m-p/8434615/h...)

Regular Contributor

I have only seen hom a few times in a QVCX ad or chekcing posts as a back up host.  Not enought to form an opinion but he didnt seem to be there for long or be a full host..more of a cohost and in the background.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I definitely don't think he was a good fit for QVC. When I watched him, I felt like every time he came out he was auditioning for his next part. It became more about him and him wanting to entertain than to sell a product. His job was to sell a product, it was not his show. That was a turn off for me. I shop to buy and learn about the product, with the host being more in the background. He never really seemed to be prepared or know anything about the products which made his shows very awkward. Again all about him, not the product. Couldn't watch his shows, he was too all over the place. After watching him a few times, I changed the channel,when I saw he was the host. 

Honored Contributor

I really liked TJ.  But I agree that QVC Host was not a good fit for him.  But that's OK.

I truly think sometimes the wrong job opens you up to the right job.  QVC Host is not the be all/end all as a measure of success.  TJ never seemed to do any homework as a host for any product.  But his innate talent in humor and being extremely likable was still very refreshing.  

In his NPR short interview, he says he didn't feel QVC was giving him the opportunities to succeed, so he left.  Don't know if that's totally accurate or not.  But QVC would have been crazy to give TJ main channel shows, or even more responsibility on QVC 2.  He was just not ready and never looked like he would ever be ready.  

Hopefully through this experience, he'll do something he loves and excels in it.  Possibly acting, motivational speaking, coaching, or a brand rep for exercise equipment or any number of areas.  He has a huge personality, and looking at his social media he has a lot of Hollywood connections.  He seems like a great guy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reminder, follow-up to @loriqvc's post, live links to other sites are no longer allowed.

The moderators remove them, and in some cases the entire thread ends up being deleted due to links.☹️

To listen to
Thomas Anthony Jones discussing his noncompete clause,

just do a simple search for:

"Noncompete clauses could soon be gone under a new federal ban"

It's just a brief 3-minute recording, on NPR dot org 5/8/24

"All Things Considered."😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

No this was not for him! glad he realized and moved on