Respected Contributor

I see cute stuff at Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, etc all the time. My issue is there are no timers on the stuff. My rule is no timer, no buy. I know stuff on the Q has timers. So for me it is worth the price.

Valued Contributor

Rolltide2008, could it be more than it is worth!

Valued Contributor

Mersha, agree.  Looks like inflation is over and we don't mind supporting someone elses life style.  It was nice when the customer was put first.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I see cute stuff at Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, etc all the time. My issue is there are no timers on the stuff. My rule is no timer, no buy. I know stuff on the Q has timers. So for me it is worth the price.

You can buy timers to place on any electrical product.  I have them all over my house.  We go away quite often and my lamps are all on timers.

I have them at our summer place too so it looks like the place is occupied.

At Christmas time, all my outdoor and window lights are on timers.

They are not expensive and easy to set up.  Some of mine have remote controls as well, so I can just turn them on or off at will.  I can even use the remote to control the lights upstairs without climbing the stairs. They are a great invention.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that @MG Chris is talking about battery operated items not ones that plug in.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched off and on all day, but at least most of the items were "newish" and interesting.  I did purchase a couple of items.

I don't watch much QVC anymore....start a show and usually change the channel. I am so tired of several hosts -Jane T, Rachel, Kristen, Julia. Am also tired of seeing the similar products from Susan G., Logo, Belle, Isaac, Denim/Co, Philosophy, Rastelli etc, etc. 

I know that viewers will say, then don't watch and I don't. But QVC - if I don't watch, I am not buying.!

Trusted Contributor

🤔  There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that after all of the years Valerie has been with QVC, Valerie sets the prices. 

Do you think that QVC would ever tell Martha Stewart what to charge for her "Imported Products?"

Respected Contributor

I just ordered some beautiful glass pumpkins at sams club for 59 dollars, three and pretty good sized.  Costco also has some really nice pumpkins similar to the TSV for  lot less also.

Respected Contributor

@ManyMeows wrote:

🎃  Every item in the VPH collection is listed as "imported." She's getting these items for a song, and the markup is astronomical. 

Of course they're imported!  Try finding any similar decor, in any store these days that isn't imported!  While she may be making a decent profit on these items, bear in mind that QVC takes a big cut of the profit as well.  Another thing to factor in is that 'she' brings it to you!  You don't have to go out searching for items in different stores, and an added benefit is that as a home decor designer, she shows you examples and different ways of how to arrange the items to look their best.  

It's much like the makeup artist, Laura Geller.  She not only sells her product, but in doing so she shows the audience how to apply the products and different tricks of the trade to make everything look better once it's applied.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Neither Valerie nor any other brand sets the retail price Qurate offers to its customers. 

They, of course, can negotiate prices at the wholesale level with Qurate.

Qurate then determines the profit margin (or loss) when setting a retail price.

Pretty basic wholesale/retail dynamics.

I can get it for you wholesale.