Contributor

I live in a one of the "hotspots" in the NE.  I was due for a touch up on March 22nd.  My last was Feb 2nd, over 3 months ago.  The salon called 3 days before my appointment and told me they were shutting down.  My hair grows quickly anyway, you should see my roots!  But I am not doing it myself.  So what, who sees me?  I will be however, first in line once salons open up, which in my area is not even on the radar. 

On a side note, I've noticed that many TV news anchors, local and national, look much BETTER now that they are doing their own hair and makeup!.  Not so "anchory", big overblown hair and heavy makeup.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair, Nails & Lockdowns

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

I think (just guessing) that the make-up person(s) are back working at QVC.

A few weeks I've watched & some hosts "looked" like they were doing their make-up & hair.  Then, I saw certain hosts with perfect make-up & hair over weekend.  One can tell if it's done professionally.

I saw on FB people have hairdressers and nail techs that work from home.  These ladies have been going to their homes or they come to theirs as of last week.  My nail tech and hairdresser both

offered to come to my home this week -- told them thank you but not now. ( I believe salons will open by next week )

Maybe they are just getting better at it?  I don't think the professionals are back at QVC.  Kerstin highlighted her own hair and Courtney Khondabi said her husband took out her extensions for her over the weekend.   

Trusted Contributor

i dont get it... i look like hell  hair hasnt been done since feb. had an appt end of march cancelled.... nails all fell off now i have stubs  lol  yes i notice some the hosts looking great.. with their nails done... i was thinking the same thing the other day.. maybe they do have stylists coming to their homes... cant wait to look decent again lol i feel so bad about myself.. and if you look in the mirror and you just feel like ******.. it definetely makes you more depressed.. the only place i can go is grocery shopping, and wow thats so much fiun lol im hoping to look normal again sometime soon.... this whole thing is very depressing

Trusted Contributor

@Sherox   I'm like you and also live in one of the NE hotspots.  In NJ we do not even have an opening date & I'm sure hair & nail salons will not be open during the initial Phase 1 anyway.  I've touched up my own roots but can't wait to get a haircut!  I agree it's nice to see some of the anchors look less made up - I think they've all done a great job looking nice in front of the cameras on their own.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

NO salons or nail salons are OPEN in FL by Governors orders.  He did "hint" maybe next week, Phase 2.  

Although, several woman here have stated they have their hair done by stylist or nail tech coming to their homes.  I don't think it's not allowed.  My nail tech called & asked me if I wanted her to come to my home -- NO!!! 

They are considered "independent contractors" and I was told not entitled to unemployment under FL laws so I assume they are glad to get some money.  

I'm thinking just from what I pay -- $125 for h/c, color, highlights and $65 for mani/pedi these salons will be making up for lost income quickly.  Hopefully, they won't raise prices🤞🏻  I know I'll be there as soon as they announce it along with everyone else!🙂

Super Contributor

In eastern part of PA where QVC is, May 8th some small openings of business will occur (not much).  On May 18th is the "yellow" phase, but this does not include salons, gyms or restaurants.  The "green" phase will be when salons can open.  That date has not been announced yet.