Valued Contributor

Hair, Nails & Lockdowns

[ Edited ]

Last week Leah Williams, who always has an impecable manicure, had many pieces of her artificial nails broken off, unpainted etc which was to be expected during the lockdown.  This morning, her nails were impecably manicured which would make it seem as though she had them done professionally, otherwise they would've looked that way last week as well.  

A few days ago someone on the blog stated her hairdresser opened in her own home.  I asked if the restrictions and lockdown were lifted but there was no response.

My question is-has the lockdown been lifted for non-essential businesses in PA and if so when?  It seems as though busineeses are open and people are getting services that I didn't think were available as of yet.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Addition:  I did some research this morning after reading your comments and found this...

" Pennsylvania: Gov. Tom Wolf extended a stay-at-home order until May 8. He ordered nonessential businesses to close; these include day programs for senior citizens, gyms, hair salons and concert venues, according to state guidance. Nail salons and tattoo parlors also must close.  The state Department of Health has made face masks mandatory for customers and employees of businesses that provide in-person services."

Thank you to those who addresses my question, very appreciated.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

I have always thought Leah's nails were her natural nails ..

they look that way to me ... don't look artifical at all .....

Super Contributor

My gel wraps/manicure looked horrible last week, until I received all my self manicure products from Amazon - did my own UV gel fill, and now they look great again.  

Honored Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 

Can I ask what you bought many thanks 

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

My gel wraps/manicure looked horrible last week, until I received all my self manicure products from Amazon - did my own UV gel fill, and now they look great again.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

i am in SE PA, and we are still "locked down." My friend in western PA ( in a much less populated area) said her hairstylist called today and said he is expecting to be allowed to open up within a few weeks.  

Honored Contributor

I thought I heard Leah say this morning that she's doing her own nails for now.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair, Nails & Lockdowns

[ Edited ]

Perhaps Leah is having hair/nails done in her home- or at technicians home. If both are wearing proper gear, I think it would be fine. It's her business. If my stylist would come to my home w/ gowns a mask and gloves- me the same- I'd definately do it.

Respected Contributor

Eastern PA is still on lockdown. Western PA is to start slowing opening up May 8th unless that has changed. Eastern PA will probably not open too very soon as it's in close proximity to NJ and NY. I'm wondering how many will jump in their cars for a long day trip to W. PA. in the days to come.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a video yesterday of a woman getting her hair highlighted.  She had a mask on throughout and her stylist had a mask and gloves on.  While not 6 ft apart the stylist was behind the client.  I have an appointment June 6th, 12 weeks from my last one and I plan on keeping it.  My stylist has her own room with a door in the salon so I look forward to going.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hair, Nails & Lockdowns

[ Edited ]

I noticed a nearby nail salon here in South Carolina was closed, but there were people inside cleaning and chairs were outside on the sidewalk while they were apparently cleaning the floors.  That may be a sign they hope to open soon since everything else in that shopping center is now open.