Valued Contributor

The last few weeks when ITKWD show aired, Mary worked from home stating it was due to keeping safe from Covid19.  However, right now as well as other times she's on QVC hosting shows.  I'm confused?????

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

@LilMadi: Not sure why you're confused but, because of the pandemic, there is only one host in a studio at a time. Notice also, whenever there is a program that's hosted by two hosts, each host is in a separate studio. Its QVC's way of social distancing.

Valued Contributor

I've seen numerous shows with more than one host at a time since Covid and they are not always/usually in different studios.  For the fashion and food shows they are standing within feet of each other...

I am confused because she said at times she was home to stay safe but then she's in the studio at other times...

Respected Contributor

I too don't inderstand the confusion. Yes, sometimes they are at home, but when they ARE in the studio they are in different areas. For instance, during Gourmet show yesterday, Jayne & Gabrielle were shown in split screen as they were in different parts of studio. 

Valued Contributor

But they were in the SAME place, just a few feet apart at the same tables.  You could see Jayne's arm as she reached over to point to something on the side of Gabrielle's screen.  And that's not the first time that's happened in those screens.  They used to show them both in the same shot and then last week they started with a split screen, but you can still see they're right near each other depending on what they do and what's in the screen shot.

I'm not sure why anyone is confused by my question-just please disregard it then.  I'm sorry,  I didn't think it would get this complicated.

Trusted Contributor

@LilMadi  ..... Your question should not have caused any confusion. There have been some instances where the shows have had two (2) hosts together and other times just one. No answer as to why.

Honored Contributor

It appears QVC has the hosts taking turns as to who comes into the studios to host shows.  My best guess is they are trying to keep them working.  Many offices in my area have "teams" set up so half of the employees work one week then the other half work the next week and back and forth that goes.  Q seems to be doing something similar.

I've seen both Kerstin and Alberti in the same studio together but they are socially distanced.  So no not all the hosts are in different studios if they are working the same shift.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for the confirmation, I appreciate that.