Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@SunValley - It was QVC's fault.  My daughter and I suspected that this was the same error that was made earlier in the year, which we assured had been corrected.  Obviously QVC had not made the correction.  It was the dollar amount that tipped us off.

It was the bank that declined the charge, as it was on my cc but not shipping to me or my address.  QVC admitted the error and again made the correction.  We will watch closely in the future to make sure this does not happen again. The bank was protecting me.

@WORKING GAL Thank you for the additional information. I hope this doesn’t happen again.

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@BirkiLady - My suggestion to QVC was just that.  They should ask for the 3 digit number on the back of the card for verification.

I've never had them ask me on any cc that I've used with the Q.

My daughter and I figured out what happened.  My account was not hacked. It was QVC's fault.  We got it straightened out with QVC and they admitted the error. What upset me the most is that if they had gone into her account and researched the question I had asked them (which they claimed they did yesterday), it would've shown up as a charge that should have been on her cc, not mine.  What clued us in was the dollar amount because this had happened before and we were told in March that this had been corrected.

A lesson to us all, scrutinize every order/charge.

Okay, I'm baffled.  Why would QVC confuse your account with your daughter's ever?

Don't you have individual QVC account numbers?  Different addresses?  Different CC numbers?

How would they manage to connect a charge she was trying to make, with one against your CC?

Also, if your bank declined it on the basis it wasn't being sent to you, how would you ever use "Bill To, Ship To"?

I'm really confused!

Trusted Contributor

What does happen is that the fraud department identifies a purchase as fraudulent and stops the purchase.  A record of the purchase will not show on your QVC account.  It is essentially erased from history.  If you call customer server they would not be aware that it happened.  This is actually good for you and shows that each company's cyber-security is working correctly and in your favor.