Valued Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Georgiagrama Peterboros baskets, I loved them, and also paconi's items too, & also Capidamonte(sp?)  I still have a couple of those pieces, now it is just way too much of nothing!

I'm looking right now at a Thomas Pacconi wooden rocking chair I bought on the Q back in the day. I still love it. 

Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING

[ Edited ]

I agree about the boring and repetitive items.  I've cut waaay back on my QVC shopping.  Can't say I've saved money though.  I spend any money I would have spent with QVC, with Amazon, Etsy, Target, and various smaller web sites who had great sales plus no shipping, and great customer service.  

I feel bad for the hosts, who must also be bored out of their minds!  I blame weak management.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread.  I thought it was just me who was sick to death of QVC junk programming.  Happy to find others feel the same way I do.    I come here to read some forums in the morning, but haven't watched QVC in weeks now.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I've been a Q shopper since the VERY BEGINNING.  Started with CVN, and then on to QVC.  WHAT A FALL this station has taken in the last 15 years.  And it continues.  Such a shame.  I probably watch and spend 5% of what I spent in the early days.  This station needs a complete overhaul.  The interesting thing is, they were fun to watch, had unique products that were WELL MADE, and gave the consumer VALUE, when they first started.  And,  back then,  they had NO COMPETITION.  Now, with the internet, and all the competiton providing quality, value and convenience,  you would think they would want to excell, being one of the originators.  NOT THE CASE. 

All the house brands and ridiculous shipping costs......  I wouldn't be shocked if they were GONE in 10-15 years.  WAKE UP CALL, has not made it to the people in power.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I've been a Q shopper since the VERY BEGINNING.  Started with CVN, and then on to QVC.  WHAT A FALL this station has taken in the last 15 years.  And it continues.  Such a shame.  I probably watch and spend 5% of what I spent in the early days.  This station needs a complete overhaul.  The interesting thing is, they were fun to watch, had unique products that were WELL MADE, and gave the consumer VALUE, when they first started.  And,  back then,  they had NO COMPETITION.  Now, with the internet, and all the competiton providing quality, value and convenience,  you would think they would want to excell, being one of the originators.  NOT THE CASE. 

All the house brands and ridiculous shipping costs......  I wouldn't be shocked if they were GONE in 10-15 years.  WAKE UP CALL, has not made it to the people in power.

@nyc1

And if the products are not their very own Q brand...it's seems the rest are the same products you see EVERYWHERE both on other websites, the manufacturer's own website, or see in local stores............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Every day I look at the program guide, and every day I do not watch QVC.  I don't remember the shows being so bad.  

Respected Contributor

@NorthernLights

My tree is loaded down with the beautiful, delicate, Thomas Pacconi ornaments that came in the wooden crates.  I carefully use them, and store them year after year.  I remember what fun my daughters and I would have watching the Thomas Pacconi shows. I also have a large Thomas Pacconi Santa (mercury glass)  and, I have his set of The Night Before Christmas ornaments and The Nutcracker ornaments.   

Those shows were such fun and so beautiful, and they would usually be the Kick Off show for Christmas in July. 

Terrible, cheap items being offered now IMO, and the programming is as bad as most of the hosts.  

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@NorthernLights

My tree is loaded down with the beautiful, delicate, Thomas Pacconi ornaments that came in the wooden crates.  I carefully use them, and store them year after year.  I remember what fun my daughters and I would have watching the Thomas Pacconi shows. I also have a large Thomas Pacconi Santa (mercury glass)  and, I have his set of The Night Before Christmas ornaments and The Nutcracker ornaments.   

Those shows were such fun and so beautiful, and they would usually be the Kick Off show for Christmas in July. 

Terrible, cheap items being offered now IMO, and the programming is as bad as most of the hosts.  

I really enjoyed him, what a nice gentleman he was. I have more than one of those wooden crate sets of ornaments you have and love them. Boy I wish I knew he did The Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments...I lurve that movie so much. I'm kind of a stop animation nut lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING

[ Edited ]

For me and for a variety of reason, QVC became unwatchable some time ago and so I've given up trying. Never is this more pronounced than during the holiday shopping season, when it's been pretty awful for as long as I can remember. That said, looking online at the programming and the product offerings I don't recall it ever being quite this unbelievably, universally and consistently lousy. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

I'm looking right now at a Thomas Pacconi wooden rocking chair I bought on the Q back in the day. I still love it. 

@NorthernLights One of my all time favorite Q purchases is my Thomas Pacconi jewelry chest. I just love that thing.

Never mistake kindness for weakness