Honored Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING

[ Edited ]

I don't know if it's the "Anybody" brand or one of the other fairly new "loungewear" brands, but one of them was on the other day and it was a set, top and bottom.  It came in solid and prints. 

The prints were totally mismatched on the front seam.  I think it was a plaid and a couple of other prints.  It looked so bad I don't know how the host felt comfortable holding it up.

The print itself was pretty, but who would ever wear a top with seams so off center?  Isaac says it's cheaper not to match the seams.  I think this is one of the soft fabrics that is sold only on the Q.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
And today will do you in if you’re on the fence of discontinuing your allegiance to QVC. Between WEN and iT Cosmetics there is not one shred of interesting programming. Who can watch Chaz ALL day??? His presentations are so repetitive it’s nauseating. The iT girls have become unwatchable as well. I’m done QVC! You’ve lost me as a customer- a customer since 1993. Buh-bye!

I agree about the IT presentations (did you know they work with plastic surgeons??)!  I know it's not product related, but the sausage casing dresses need an upgrade - JMO so don't roast me!

Valued Contributor

I did not watch or record any shows all through the Thanksgiving weekend as there was nothing I was interested in.  This week it looks like generic gift shows and I like to target my viewing.

Sunchild is right, WEN and iT all day today.  Won't watch or buy either.  WEN is too expensive and the iT tinted moisturizer I was about to buy has snail slime in it.  Snail Slime.   I think snails secrete more slime when scared so what do they do to extract the slime?

Frequent Contributor

I'm a make up junkie, but I'm so bored with IT cosmetics, Josie Maran and Wen.  And it seems like more time is spent on one item now.  I'm finding myself turning it off more frequently.  

Respected Contributor

I so appreciate this thread.  I was beginning to think it was just me who has found QVC completely useless this season.  I'm older and have been watching QVC since the beginning.  At one time, you could actually buy lovely, unusual gifts for family and friends and I was so grateful for that.  Now, I think I've made one purchase this season........and Black Friday, please.  Lisa Rinna ALL DAY.  I don't have a friend or family member who could wear her clothing. And I saw no deals at all.  Thank goodness for Lowes (found several wonderful bargains for the men) and LLBean and Land's End.  Got some lovely, well made, things at good prices and free shipping.  I don't wish to sound whiney, but I do miss Thomas Paconi's pretty things and the Petersboro Baskets always made a well received gift. And, at one time, they had those beautiful angels....oh well, time moves on, but QVC has moved right on out of my house.   

Regular Contributor

...couldn’t agree more. Can you imagine? You want to spend money, and there is little or nothing to buy. I switched over to Hallmark Christmas movies. Even repeats are worth more of my time. 

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I am in agreement about the stale repetitive programming , same old phrases and sales pitch, same presentations over and over.  I don't even watch unless there is a program of interest and they even are tiresome for me.  

I go out and shop.  I believe in supporting the small businesses which people built up and earn a living by.  I believe in getting out in the fresh air to be among people and not shopping on a computer all the time.  I see stores closing  and I feel bad with each one phasing out because jobs are lost and good stores are failing.  

I understand people can't get out or don't drive or prefer computer shopping for its convenience.  That is their choice.  However, for those of us who can get out and shop we should support the stores and businesses and keep them going.  Both ways of shopping can work.

@spiderw

If people prefer to shop online whether because of mobility issues, or its difficult to shop when you have young children, or hate the crowds etc...but QVC isnt the only online retailer out there...yet listening to some Q fans you'd think that was the truth....LOL!!!

And I agree about supporting the small businesses and shopping these stores in person too...monopolies like Amazon and Walmart have driven many of these unique and interesting stores out of business and thats a darn shame.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I continue to order from QVC....online.

I don't watch anymore......just too redundant.

Honored Contributor

I load QVC on my computer once, twice a day, check it out for five minutes, come here and check out what everyone's talking about, participate and leave.  I don't feel as though I'm missing a thing....  it's sad, really.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama Peterboros baskets, I loved them, and also paconi's items too, & also Capidamonte(sp?)  I still have a couple of those pieces, now it is just way too much of nothing!