Occasional Visitor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

Occasional Contributor

@Fona wrote:

One thing I have noticed lately is how many of the other clothing lines on QVC are copying Logo's strange cuts and hi-lo hemlines, with bits of odd material hanging underneath, etc.  I cannot help wondering if the other clothing designers are being told by QVC to do this because it seems that Logo designs are selling well.  This, of course, is just my opinion, but I do wonder if perhaps George has been told to do this as well.

My husband and I call this the "homeless person" look. (Apologies to the homeless). I cannot ever see George stooping that low.

Occasional Contributor

George Simonton leaving: I sincerely hope this is just an unfortunate rumor.  I believe Mr. Simontons clothes are the most well made and elegant line on QVC bar none.  I DO mind  the outrageous prices of Susan Graver clothes but never mind the price of GS line.  
There is simply no comparison in quality and class.   As far as I am concerned he far outshines SG's designs and the rags that are presented by Lorie Goldstein.  PLEASE stay George!!!

Occasional Contributor

PS . . . If it's goodbye George it will be GOODBYE QVC for me!

New Contributor

I want George to stay.... One of the things that I really like about the Q is that

they give normal people like me the opportunity to by clothing (especially) from

A-list designers.  I want all our A-list designers to stay!  We don't need less of

them we need more of them.  Q, you've spoiled us--your customers--in this way....

please don't start back-peddling now. 

Judy Q

Columbus OH

Super Contributor

I think its most likely, seeing that the few shows George has now are either late at night or early in the morning!  He also started using Facebook a lot as well to tell his fans when he would be on QVC.  Its sad, but personally, I didnt buy many of his designs, when he started making so many knit tops and skirts etc.  I used to love the chiffon blouses he made when he first came to QVC.  Susan Graver does mostly liquid knit fabrics, and has such a huge following, that whoever decided George should also go in that direction, made a mistake.  I hope he continues to be on but I doubt it.

Contributor

I checked the October insider and I do not see one show listed for him....Do you think Customer Service would know if he is gone...I like his clothes alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I hope not. George Simonton and Bob Mackie are the most classiest  gentlemen on the Q.

Respected Contributor

I like George also but it seems with everything on clearance we will not be seeing him again. Thanks George for your delightful presentations and excellent craftsmanship.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gayzee wrote:

George Simonton leaving: I sincerely hope this is just an unfortunate rumor.  I believe Mr. Simontons clothes are the most well made and elegant line on QVC bar none.  I DO mind  the outrageous prices of Susan Graver clothes but never mind the price of GS line.  
There is simply no comparison in quality and class.   As far as I am concerned he far outshines SG's designs and the rags that are presented by Lorie Goldstein.  PLEASE stay George!!!

Oh my, LOGO does have some pieces that look like rags, you are right.  I have not seen one person in LOGO type clothing yet.  Not one.   I hope GS will stay on too.