Honored Contributor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

His stuff has gotten SO bad. I've asked myself plenty of times, 'what happened, George? Where did your taste go? Has someone else taken over your mind?' The things he's had in the past year or even longer, I can do without. Some of it is even laughable. Sorry, George, maybe your non QVC lines are your usual stylish self, but this stuff, whew, I don't mind seeing the end of it.

Valued Contributor

I have a few jackets from George, this past yr. all I see is this Crystal Knit fabric.  Nothing like his previous work.  Maybe on clearance because they are not selling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

I have a few jackets from George, this past yr. all I see is this Crystal Knit fabric.  Nothing like his previous work.  Maybe on clearance because they are not selling.

I like George, but NO Crystal Knit for me. Crystal Knit & Liquid Knit are a no, no.

I certainly hope that George Simonton is not leaving QVC. I love to listen to him describe his designs. He is a true designer from the old school. He doesn't just copy others and stick his name in the line. I really miss Bradley Bayou. I have so many of his jackets and would buy more if they hadn't been discontinued. Really? It makes no sense. His leathers were great quality, available in ALL sizes and with easy pay...affordable. QVC please don't forget what made you great. Great clothes in sizes for everyone, that I actually want to own.

Regular Contributor

I hope George isn't being phased out. Like it's been stated in this thread many times, he's a true designer, not a so-called celebrity "name" that's been slapped onto a label in order to fool the public into buying.

Esteemed Contributor

There's a pattern here. Take a talented designer. Roll out his /her creative designs that are well-made, using quality materials, therefore insuring that the designer has a good reputation at QVC. Next, start lowering the quality by inventing a bogus name to describe a cheap synthetic knit. Every designer has his or her own version of what are essentially the same fabrics. Tell customers that it doesn't cling, hides all figure flaws, and goes with everything..not true. Customers continue to buy based on the designer's original reputation, but that stops when customers realize the line has changed. Sales go down and the line is discontinued. Whose fault is that?

Valued Contributor

I sure hope we don't end up with more Lisa's and Lori's.  With George you get class.

Come on Q, if you are phasing out George, stop it right now and keep him coming back with more beautiful designs.

Valued Contributor

What a great find! Makes me smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

There's a pattern here. Take a talented designer. Roll out his /her creative designs that are well-made, using quality materials, therefore insuring that the designer has a good reputation at QVC. Next, start lowering the quality by inventing a bogus name to describe a cheap synthetic knit. Every designer has his or her own version of what are essentially the same fabrics. Tell customers that it doesn't cling, hides all figure flaws, and goes with everything..not true. Customers continue to buy based on the designer's original reputation, but that stops when customers realize the line has changed. Sales go down and the line is discontinued. Whose fault is that?

Absolutely true!  If I hear about one more polyester and spandex item I think I will scream.  That is the Q way.  just continue to cheapen and downgrade the quality and hope customer's don't notice the difference.  Good design is key but it cannot trump cheap fabric.

Super Contributor

One thing I have noticed lately is how many of the other clothing lines on QVC are copying Logo's strange cuts and hi-lo hemlines, with bits of odd material hanging underneath, etc.  I cannot help wondering if the other clothing designers are being told by QVC to do this because it seems that Logo designs are selling well.  This, of course, is just my opinion, but I do wonder if perhaps George has been told to do this as well.