Respected Contributor

Who doesn't love a good dirt debate. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess My yard is a combo of packed sand mixed with dirt.  When I tried to stick a large carpentry nail in the ground, I had to get a hammer and beat it in. It's just like cement. 

@Kachina624 Mine is heavy clay, hard as a rock when it's dry and a sticky mess when it's wet.  It's full of rocks and roots.  My next door neighbor's back yard is nothing but boulders coming out of the ground. 

One of my favorite tools is the spade-headed shovel I got from either HSN or QVC.  My favoirite hand tool is a curved knife with serrated teeth.  I personally think it's better at getting into the cracks than the hori hori knife that is so popular.  I saw them demo'ing the hori hori on one of the channels to get weeds out of cracks, but it wasn't doing that great a job.  

Super Contributor

I used to never miss the  gardening shows, but now they are unwatchable for me.

Everytime I turn it on, it's Sandra.  She is not my cup of tea.

I really don't miss Carolyn or Dan, but at least they were credible and seemed knowledgeable about gardening.

Thank goodness for Guy Yovan on HSN. He is a pleasure to watch

Honored Contributor

Re: Garden Shows

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess @Kachina624 

My "BEST" garden tool is a crowbar.   I'm getting too old to use the sledge hammer.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Icegoddess @Kachina624 

My "BEST" garden tool is a crowbar.   I'm getting too old to use the sledge hammer.

@Desertdi what do you do with that?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tatanoo46 wrote:

OK...I have tried watching garden shows with other hosts this last 2 weeks. Other than Sandra and her knowledge is no where near Carolyn's, I realized very quickly they knew nothing about gardening. How disappointing. No more garden shows for me. 

@Tatanoo46    Sandra wants to do "DECORATING" instead of gardening.  Her shows are awful, IMO. 

Sandra is awful in general.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Icegoddess @Kachina624 

@Desertdi what do you do with that?

@Icegoddess    I use the crowbar to pry the

rocks loose...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I really don't watch the gardening shows, and I get that many people enjoy them.  I just hate when I'm home (a no errand day) and want to flip on the Q to see what's going on, and it's a full day of gardening.  I don't even like full day events of items I'm interested in.

Contributor

When I watch these shows, I want to know where to plant, how much water, dimensions of grown plant, not just comments about how pretty they are, etc.  Technical information is more important to me when determining whether to buy.    This information needs to be repeated a couple/three times. Yes, I miss Caroline, she was a professional.

Valued Contributor

I don't watch any garden shows, as well as no mattress shows, no computer shows, no make-up shows, no vacuum shows, no all-day cooking shows.........................