Super Contributor

This is the new policy which allows for free exchanges:

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs.

Respected Contributor

Re: Free exchanges!

[ Edited ]

Is this a new policy? If I get the size wrong, I generally just return for a refund. Basically I just do not want to incur more shipping charges.

Contributor

Re: Free exchanges!

[ Edited ]

Not a new policy.  I have never been charged for an exchange. (for sizing or color).  Nor have i been charged  the 6.95 return label fee.  Even steven exchange!

Esteemed Contributor

Fair Lady wrote:

This is the new policy which allows for free exchanges:

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs.

That wording needs clarification because it doesn't sound like a free exchange to me.  QVC has always been willing to send an exchange for size or color.  When they say free, are they still charging the customer $6.95 for using the Smart Label?  If the replacement is the same item number there should not be any additional shipping cost charged to the customer for the exchange shipment. Even if the original item shipped free and that promotion is no longer in effect it should be honored if an exchange is requested.  From my perspective that should also be the case if the original was purchased at a TSV or one-day only price. The exchange should be sent at the original price paid -- not the price the item is selling for when they receive the exchange request.  

Trusted Contributor

QVC used to do free exchanges, but that changed a few years ago.  Now if you do an exchange your credit card is charged shipping and handling for the replacement item.Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

This is a new policy that became effective August 1st. There is no charge if you wish to exchange an item's size and/or color. "Even steven" as the poster stated! Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

WOW! That's grrrrreat!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I guess the only way I would belive this, is if i had an exchange, and was absolutely not charged. Very leary with returns to the Q. 

Valued Contributor

I recently returned an item as the ES was too small. I decided to order the small online instead of exchanging the ES as I was pressed for time ( leaving on a cruise in a couple of weeks ) and lo and behold the new item came today. I just ordered it 4 days ago! I just thought it would take too long for them to send me a Small after they got my returned extra small. The returned item hasn't gotten to them yet. I asked to be informed and I used the return label. 

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

This is a new policy that became effective August 1st. There is no charge if you wish to exchange an item's size and/or color. "Even steven" as the poster stated! Beth QVC

Just to clarify this in my own befuddled mind- does this mean no additional shipping charges?

If I purchase xl and need a 1x- I pay the original shipping, the shipping cost to return the xl. A 1x is sent to me without further shipping charges.

Am I understanding this correctly.

Thank you, as always for your excellent cs.