Honored Contributor

Re: Enough already!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

Isn't that the truth?  They are really going overboard.  It is not even Halloween yet.  QVC is so dumb sometimes.  Customers will be sick of these shows by the end of October.  

@Jinlei   I think QVC is very smart to encourage buying early.  Transportation is bound to be a fiasco in late November and December.  There will be many, "QVC ruined our Christmas" posts as the procrastinators won't get their packages.  Yes, I'm sick of these shows too, especially food shows but they've got to make what they can.

@Kachina624 

Yep, I don't get it....  these early shows happen every year, and now we throw in the pandemic and delivery companies already on overload, yet they want QVC to wait until November/December to start Christmas decorating and gift shows..Most deliveries are taking at least a couple of weeks, sometimes longer, and some are even on advance order and won't even ship until mid-November, yet they want QVC to wait....And its only going to get worse closer to the Holidays....SMH! 

I dont mind the shows---at least they had a small bit of variety into QVC's programing...my only wish is more variety in products after the recent claims by the hosts of 1,000 of products available from QVC ...oh, and less TSV presentations....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I love Christmas.  Any time of the year if there is a Christmas scene I stop and watch.

how many years has qvc doing this?! a decade or more? it's not new.

My dining room table is full of Christmas gifts to wrap for my Grandchildren.  I'll be doing it soon.

I told DH I'll be Christmas decorating early this year.

I don't like how qvc beats-to-death the TSV   Christmas, vacuums, food-- whatever.  That I don't watch EVER!

@Mary Bailey 

TSV presentations have certainly gotten out of control...its practically the only item they seem to present in a show anymore....SMH

I decorate early too so I have more time to enjoy it....too much work to put it all up for just a week or two....

You are very smart to shop early!  I have a friend that has six grandchildren and she shops very early and spreads gift buying out over several months so she doesn't put a strain on her budget. And with her shopping all done, she sits back and enjoys the Holidays and doesnt have to deal with, like some people do, a big debt in January when the credit card Christmas bills start rolling in.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You can buy all the same Xmas junk at biglots for cheap.  Trees....EVERYTHING, No shipping fees.....stupid to buy any of that stuff they sell on QVC.

Some folks cannot get to B&M stores but still want a few things to decorate with. Many love VPH items and they bring them joy. Many are high risk and choose not to go to stores.  It is not stupid for them to shop QVC and many  don't consider what they purchase junk.  You of course are entitled to post your opinion, this post is just thoughts on why some shop QVC Christmas. @SeaMaiden 

@mspatmac 

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@SeaMaiden @I've shopped at Big Lots. It's a fine store for snacks, beverages, unique condiments, an occasional light bulb, but as to the quality of anything else...no thank you. Their prices are cheap because the quality of their products are cheap. 

@Etoile308  The big lots near me are HUGE stores....and carry quality products...great prices. Your stores must just not be their top stores or something. 

Trusted Contributor

the Big Lots here is a dump.....the food looks like it's second hand and has been sitting on the shelves for months....the house hold aisles like towels, sheets, and curtains look like a bomb hit it.....my son bought a recliner for me and the padding/tuffing on the arm fell to the bottom as was not attached....super cheap furniture....I bought one thing there when I first moved here it was a toaster oven with a coupon and the cashier had a hard time with the coupon so I had to wait for a manager....just a hot mess of a store!

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough already!

[ Edited ]

@northiie57 wrote:

the Big Lots here is a dump.....the food looks like it's second hand and has been sitting on the shelves for months....the house hold aisles like towels, sheets, and curtains look like a bomb hit it.....my son bought a recliner for me and the padding/tuffing on the arm fell to the bottom as was not attached....super cheap furniture....I bought one thing there when I first moved here it was a toaster oven with a coupon and the cashier had a hard time with the coupon so I had to wait for a manager....just a hot mess of a store!

@northiie57 

Not all Big Lots are as you described, some are neat, organized, and have decent merchndise, some are a mess.......and I have found some prices to be higher than other stores too....

But I found its amazing how a Manager can impact a store...what you described was the Marshall Store near me that looked like some disaster hit it.... One time I was desperate searching for a particular gift so reluctantly I went to Marshall's and lo and behold what a change--- a nicely styled, neat, and clean store--- I asked the cashier what the heck happened and she replied ---NEW MANAGER who completely redid everything....Same with grocery stores during the pandemic same chain, varied, some were well stocked and others had mostly emptly shelves...when I sent in an online inquiry...I got a call from their HQ and he confirmed its the Store Manager, some are top knotch, some not.....!!