Respected Contributor

I know some people are watchers, but I am NOT into Xmass shows, food shows and gift shows starting in October!   Well at least this cuts my tv watching time down!  :More time to read my books!

Valued Contributor

@bargainsgirl, happy reading! I'm reading a Christmas book right now. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  It happens every year, and people seem surprised each year. Why is that? I look forward to it after turning the channel all year when I see LOGO, D&Co, D&B, jewelry, jewelry... AND Beauty this and that. 

Trusted Contributor

Isn't that the truth?  They are really going overboard.  It is not even Halloween yet.  QVC is so dumb sometimes.  Customers will be sick of these shows by the end of October.  

Honored Contributor
I don’t watch anymore; just check to see what’s been on online. Seems they start with CIJ and the gap of time before they begin the main Christmas onslaught gets shorter and shorter. I went to buy some autumn-scented soap at BBW yesterday because it was right next door to the grocery store....and they had none...the salesgirl told me they had already “moved on” to Christmas....they did still have Halloween soap that was black....I passed. I wanted Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and she said they were “ moving away from things like that”....am just sticking with regular scents I guess. I am not ready to watch Christmas hard-sells...may never be.

Valued Contributor

@Jinlei, they do this every year and if the sales weren't there, they would have stopped it years ago. I rarely buy anymore, I have no more room to put things out, but I still enjoy watching.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the timing is right. Every year I start my Christmas shopping during the month of October.

I like to be finished no later than the second week of December. 

Valued Contributor

Worked many years in retail--on the floor and also behind the scenes for a catalog.

Customers were always asking when the Christmas merchandise would be coming out.

Now with the coronavirus situation going on and the need to ship to recipients and travel unknown getting holiday shopping going is somethhing that usually started before this time of year.

Michaels and Joann crafts both had Christmas and holiday items in their stores in June and July even before the pandemic timeline.

I like the Christmas shows and have the option to change the channel if I feel the need.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Isn't that the truth?  They are really going overboard.  It is not even Halloween yet.  QVC is so dumb sometimes.  Customers will be sick of these shows by the end of October.  

@Jinlei   I think QVC is very smart to encourage buying early.  Transportation is bound to be a fiasco in late November and December.  There will be many, "QVC ruined our Christmas" posts as the procrastinators won't get their packages.  Yes, I'm sick of these shows too, especially food shows but they've got to make what they can.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, good grief!

QVC has been doing Christmas shows starting with the (in)famous Christmas in July for at least a decade, so why people act all upset over something that has been going on for so long is beyond me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.