Respected Contributor

I almost dove into the TV when the Jr's. was on ...!!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I remember when people complained that they WERE eating on air, stuffing themselves and make yum yum faces. 

@GenXmuse  Yes, that is what was happening before the virus. Now it's just the opposite. Can't please Anyone!

That was Dan Wheeler who over-ate, a former host who tragically lost his wife. Some sumized that he would take extra bites of food because he didnt know how to cook for himself. 

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925.  To summarize the reason, all we need to know is that its COMPANY POLICY.

Do you all really think people would buy food that was all packaged so you couldn't see the color or texture?  That's what sells food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Perhaps it is due to one needsalife from this forum to complain about it, and they'd get shut down. There are folks here that try to get hosts fired for less.

Respected Contributor

I really wasn't complaining, just honestly wanted to know. There are so many things that I don't understand about this virus and just would like to. I don't care if they eat or not, if it bothers me, I'd tune out. Thanks for everyone taking the time to respond, it makes sense now.

Super Contributor

They drink wine all the time, but they can't eat a piece of wrapped candy.

Honored Contributor

I sure wouldn't eat that food.  Who knows how many hands touched the packages, cookware, etc.  Who knows how long food has been sitting under the hot lights.  And I thought this way before covid.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eating on Air

[ Edited ]

I am one who hated the 'eating' on the shows!!  Some hosts were revolting and really difficult to watch - talking while eating, stuffing their mouths, non-stop 'tasting'! While I enjoyed other show presentations, food shows were not their best - Dan W., Antonella, Sharon come to mind.  So I am glad they no longer do it!! 

But I have often wondered what happens to all that food

that is touched, stretched, squished, smelled etc?  Many of the food items are not inexpensive. Are they just thrown away?  Surely they do not donate food that has been handled to rescue missions and food banks?

Contributor

have you noticed the host are drinking beverages on air. They drink wine and coffee..They don't even eat the packaged goods that they open themselves. No one has touched the inside of packaged goods.

Valued Contributor

They always do those things with the food, even before Covid....people complained about it all the time, still do.

"I never changed, I just learned."