Highlighted
Super Contributor

Dont talk so fast you sound like a gerbil, just dont do it. it will not help you sell more, it will drive people to the  forums and in generral, it wont help your job, or your sales. The faster you talk irritates people and you are not even saying anything that is important. That hurts your ego, but most of what you say is mindless blather. We arent buying because you feel in a hurry, we can MUTE you. Make us happy and talk normal, maybe a fast pace is ok, but stay out of gerbil land.

Occasional Contributor
Well said, i agree!
Trusted Contributor

Did you ever consider they have time constraints.

Respected Contributor

If the me me me stories and nonsense chit chat were eliminated, they could easily provide pertinent details without speed talking in the time allotted.

Esteemed Contributor

@heyjude wrote:
Well said, i agree!

@heyjude ..... me too

Occasional Contributor

This eveing during the "Style" show she actually asked the on-air caller if they drank coffee!! Who the heck cares? I can guarantee the "speed talker" could care less. Possibly because she speaks so darn fast during the presentation she ends up with time to fill so she has to ask people she doesn't even know stupid questions! Just getting tired of having to MUTE the tv when it's a show that has items that I'm interested in and would like to learn more about . Being more informed about the item obviously helps me make better purchase decisions which can lead to saving money on the back and forth shipping fees that add up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dont do this hosts...

[ Edited ]

I've never had a problem understanding any of the hosts, including yesterday evening's host.  Talks very fast?  Yes.  Can I understand her and get all the information I need?  Yes.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I make my purchases just fine.

There are things that some of the other hosts do that stop be from watching & buying, but fast talking is not one of them. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

If the me me me stories and nonsense chit chat were eliminated, they could easily provide pertinent details without speed talking in the time allotted.

@SunValley- I so agree!  Well said.

Trusted Contributor

i have no problem understanding and keeping up. it doesn’t get boring. there are other things that bother me more. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it reminds me of a “Barker” at an old time carnival.  It is best to have a moderated, pleasant voice and to give all possible details of an item.  When selling shoes, for example, show us the soles of the shoe, etc.  Give us dimensions.  Please don’t fill up time with needless chatter.