Esteemed Contributor

why some hosts  feel they have to try on every piece of clothing offered?  I mean isn't that the models job?  I dont get it,  seems silly and no real reason to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts ...what I don't get

From my limited observation those you reference seem to be the younger more sassy host who appear to want to play to the camera - - and NEED center stage.  Never seen Carolyn - Mary Beth nor Leah whipping clothes off & on during a presentation  Ego thing I think.

Honored Contributor

The hosts are supposed to be the average woman too and most of them are, body wise anyway. Showing the clothes on them show us that we too can wear what they are selling. The hosts have their loyal, loving fans, so many will buy just because the host puts it's on and raves about it. I don't understand why they spend so much time at the rack and not enough time showing the models.

Honored Contributor

That doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is that they show what size the model is wearing and their height but not their weight.

What good does that do anyone?  The only thing I look at is how long the sleeve looks on the model.  Those models have longer arms than most people, I believe because if it fits slightly above the wrist I know it works for me.  Ugh! 

Between the overly long arms and the fact that QVC thinks petite means a shorter RISE drives me crazy.

The only group/person who realized that petite in most people's opinion means SHORTER is Jeanne Bice/Cracker Factory.  Her pants really are petite and shorter.

I'm so tired of buying petite and having them sit below my belly button and falling down.

If I don't buy petite I can fold them up to my knee almost.  I get tired of heming pants.

Oh!  I almost forgot, I'm 5'4" tall and a chub.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt. @Kitty Galore.  I see Carolyn trying many of the items shown during shows.  I'd say this is petty complaint; I don't care if they try every piece of clothing in the store.  Save your complaining for important issues.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree @Kachina624 I'm thinking they're getting a work-out putting on those clothes one piece at a time.  Ha!

I hate trying on clothes.  I get a real work-out putting on pants especially.  If they want to take the time to put the stuff on more power to them.

It doesn't make me decide to buy or not to buy.  I sometimes look at these models and think..."Hummm??? Are they really a size XL?  Some of them look like me and I wear a size lX and now sometimes due to my fat stomach a size 2X but now that's too big.

There are often 3 and 4 inches between a size 1X and a 2X so I'm in the middle.  Gotta get back down to 1X because that size NEVER runs out.  Not many 1X (real 1X's ) out there in TV land.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  A petite size should be proportionately  shorter in the leg length and rise.  If it is short like the Quacker pants, they are not petites.  If you consistantly buy petites and they are too short in the rise, you are probsbly buying the wrong size as you aren't a true petite.  There's more to being a petite than just being short or having short legs.  You may need to buy regular sizes and have them shortened.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I'm NOT the OP of this thread who was simply asking a question or presenting her opinion.  (which is her right to do so - I assume)

Honored Contributor

So I told you guys my theory is that Sharon went to work with Lori Goldstein.  I still believe that.  Regular hours and probably better pay.

She was on all of Lori's shows and seemed to love her clothes.  They were putting her on all of the food shows all of a sudden and then she was gone.

Oh!  I know what they said why she left but this is just my theory.  I thought she was as cute as a button.  Loved her hair and miss her but like to think she's doing more of what she likes.

Anyway, has anyone seen anything else about her?  I'm always the last to know....about everything??

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I know what they say.  However, when I used to buy pants in (as they say....'brick and mortar') stores and I bought petite, they were not short in the rise.  They were short in the legs and they didn't have to be hemmed all of the time.

I'm just saying as someone who sewed many of her clothes this is what I always found.

I used to make all of my daughter's pants.  When she started out I'd buy petite pants for the patern, then as she grew I'd buy the longer pants.  I didn't need to buy the patterns, I buy the clothes and take them apart.

This is what I found.  This is what I'm thinking of.  I'll bet you there are many people who are in the same boat as me.  My best friend is even shorter than I am.  She gives up and buys the regular size and by the time she cuts them off (and pays for it) she could ALMOST make another pair of pants.

I know some people's bodies are longer than others.  But when most people think petite they are thinking the same thing Jeanne Bice says about petite, like I do too.

I have noticed that some designes (sometimes Isaac's) pants fit better than his jeans.  The 24/7 pants work fine on me because he makes the rise the regular size, not shorter.

QVC should go with the length of the leg not the length of the torso.  Most petites have a regular size torso but shorter legs.  Just sayin'.