Trusted Contributor
Does anyone know where the thread I started last night called "Imperial Gold Lady" went? It was just about gold jewelry vendors, past & present. It wasn't argumentative last night. Just wondering what happened.
Honored Contributor

It's unfortunate that entire threads get deleted due to a few posts that are argumentative.  Why not just delete the individual posts instead of the entire thread?

Sorry your thread was deleted @bobby5 .

Trusted Contributor
@San Antonio Gal

Thanks. Don't know why it went south. Oh well.
Esteemed Contributor

@bobby5 

Say what you want (within standards) about products or business practices, but when you start talking about people you're on rapidly thinning ice.

Did you write something about a person you wouldn't have said aloud with them standing there?  No?

Then maybe another poster did. Sometimes only the mods can stop something that's gone off track and heading in an ugly direction.

Honored Contributor

So many threads suddenly switch to off topics that derail the conversation and often turn nasty or just ruin the entire thread. Some posters get hot headed, snarky, or post something controversial. The mods have no choice but to poof the entire thread. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
@x Hedge

I wrote about 2 jewelry vendors that I like. But I see what you're saying. Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

I think some responders do it intentionally - like it is a game or sport for them to incite trouble, antagonize people, get innocent topics so far off subject that they get poofed.  Sad that there is nothing better going on in their lives and that they get joy out of something so ridiculous.  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Oh, I posted on that thread saying I liked Linda Oehm and that she is very knowable.  I didn't see any negative postings about her at all at that time.

Someone  probably ruined it for everyone.  So sorry that happened.

Super Contributor

I think you are correct...for some it is intentional.
And I have come to a conclusion that some people enjoy being mean. Seriously.
Just me, I have cancer and I don't understand why people want to be mean to each other. Life is so short. Love each other.

Trusted Contributor
@10000thnickname

I'll say a prayer that you beat your cancer. ❤