Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@KentuckyWoman:  I get what you're saying about the constant use of terms like comfy, cozy, chic, etc. Seems so many clothes designers are using these terms ad nauseum. Smiley Frustrated

@Diva on The Q   How about yummy???  Do they taste the clothes before presenting?   That word always cracks me up describing clothes.

Respected Contributor

@dex I used to think that too until I bought my first one. It was a TSV at a good price. Loved it. The fabric is so soft and cozy and washes and drys well. I wore it everywhere, not just around the house. Bought my next one, same style at Nordies on sale at a great price. I was hooked. Today I bought the TSV, it's a totally different style from what I own. The price is great. I keep them out year round. Yes, even in Summer on a cool night it's perfect. So for me it costs pennies per wear.  We all have our own opinion, but I would recommend trying one if you can at a good price. I never have paid full price. You might change your mind like I did. 

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMommai don’t think people are turned off by Oprah but just stating that they won’t buy anything just because she or any other celebrity loves it.

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodlesi will listen to your recommendation and look for a great style that I love from this brand to try.What knit weave do you like best?

Respected Contributor

@Merrygold wrote:

In fact, they used to mention OPRAH’S name all the time. I was just wondering when she trademarked it and made them stop saying it. Too funny. Plus, she hasn’t been a talk show host in ten years.

Yeah, do you remember years ago Philosophy would always tout Hope in a Jar as being O's favorite?  I also thought it was kinda weird several years back when they sold a special edition HIAJ with a childhood pick of Oprah on the box. They kept going on and on about how everyone will want the collector jar with O's pic on the box. Huh? The box will be thrown away most likely.

Respected Contributor

@dex Not sure, I will check and get back to you later. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you care?

[ Edited ]

When I hear the words----"celebrity", "Hollywood", "California style" or "Its a YouTube Sensation"---Its an immediate "turn off" and I grab the remote and switch channels.......

Image result for cat with tv remote control

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't care about other celebrity endorsements but anything Oprah puts on her lists is saying the items are ususally great.  Her staff finds most of them, tests them , etc and then recommends them for her list.  It's kind of like the Good Housekeeping recommendations - not because it's Oprah but because these products have been researched, tested and tried by many and pronounced great products.   

I dont care what she or her staff thinks or does or how they test something....What's important to them in a product may not be important to me.....and maybe something I want in a product or need may not be researched or even tested by them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@dex Ok, it doesn't say what specific knit/weave it is. All it says is it's the Cozychic Lite fabric on the ones I already own. Q item #A280185. It's called the Circle style. I own it in cocoa and indigo/dusk. It is much darker in person than on the screen. It's a very very dark navy, almost black heathered. I am petite 5'2' about 100 lbs and I wear a small, could do xs if I wanted. They are a little long on me but it still looks good because of the shape of it. I hope this helps. Just don't pay full price for this brand anywhere. Q has it for $116 but I got it at Nordies for $60 something. They have the best sales but not too often on the brand.

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles@Thanks so much for all of your help.I think I will go to Nordic’s and check them out.I need to figure what size I need and don’t want to pay returns to Q while I’m figuring it out.you have the lighter weight knit then which is probably what I would like too.You are very tiny and yet you wear small...I thought I would wear small but maybe I am medium in this brand.