Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman:  I get what you're saying about the constant use of terms like comfy, cozy, chic, etc. Seems so many clothes designers are using these terms ad nauseum. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I think they still mention Oprah many times or hint heavily that they mean Oprah and we can figure that out.  When QVC (or elsewhere) tout an item as a celebrity's favorite item,  I change the channel and lose  all interest in buying.  Just seems so fake plus I don't care what a celebrity likes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I've read Oprah is worth over a billion!$.  She can well afford 75$ "lounge pants".  Even if I had a billion or two I wouldn't pay that.  But that's just me,not criticizing those who purchase.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I think the celebrity angle is a selling point for women who shop with shopping channels.  Otherwise, there would not be so many celebrities hawking their wares on them.  THAT celebrity, they refer to is Oprah...lol   

Honored Contributor

I don't care who wears what....I care even LESS if that person is a celebrity...sames goes for how they (celebrities) feel about current events.

Contributor

Why all the hatred for celebrities?

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Obviously I'm in the minority here, butI've never understood such strong antipathy to those who work in show business. And of course, I've also never understood the constant bashing of Opray Winfrey ANYTIME SHE'S MENTIONED IN A THREAD.

I find it particularly ironic given that there are constant celebrity update threads on these forums. :-)

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Obviously I'm in the minority here, butI've never understood such strong antipathy to those who work in show business. And of course, I've also never understood the constant bashing of Opray Winfrey ANYTIME SHE'S MENTIONED IN A THREAD.

I find it particularly ironic given that there are constant celebrity update threads on these forums. :-)

@suzyQ3   I personally know that a lot of people do not like her anymore.  I could care less what anyone in show business likes.   I don't live in their world. 

@BalletBabe, I'm aware that many don't like her; that was the gist of my post.

And I could care less; I don't live in THEIR world.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

First.... the show host kept saying how upscale the sweater is and how upscale Malibu is.... please, I'm SO sick of this kind of appeal.  I've lived in California my entire life up to 7 years ago and am really not impressed with the host at all.   

I bought the blackish one and even now am second guessing  my choice because I'll only be able to wear it spring/summer because it flies open with no button or catch on the front  (I can put one on, but this is not an all year sweater for me)....  and frankly, I am so not impressed with celebrities....  Woman Frustrated  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Do I care? NO. I do not really care what anybody else wears except myself.

Especially celebrities!

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I'll take AnyBody brand stuff any day over this overpriced  overhyped brand.