Honored Contributor

I cannot stand that "certain talk show" person and I would avoid any product that she endorsed.

Any celebrity endorsement is a complete turn-off for me.

Respected Contributor

@dex The reason I went with the S was because of the reviews. Some said it ran tight in the sleeves and I wanted to be able to layer a l/s t-shirt or something under it. I really could have gone either way but I was allowing for shrinkage too. It doesn't shrink. Have fun and good luck. Who knows, maybe it's just not for you. At least you can try it on before you buy it. I hate Q returns. 

Respected Contributor

Blech!  That makes me less inclined to purchase the item.

Respected Contributor

@Fitzallen,  is that talk show host Dr. Phil?  I can just see him parading around in Barefoot Dreams garments! 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt

Oh friend, you are in trouble!  I was soundly scolded because I said I didn't like all the celeb awards shows!  

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe:  Yummy! That's another word used to describe clothes(?). I have to chuckle when I hear the word. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you care?

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

@Spurt

Oh friend, you are in trouble!  I was soundly scolded because I said I didn't like all the celeb awards shows!  

@this is my nic

Thank you for the warning, but that already happened to me too around emmy/academy award time-I said Gollywood isnt glamorous anymore and the actors are not as good as those from the 30's/40's.  (and I am not even from that era Im much younger.)  Those from the30's/40's portrayed passion with just a look, (that's called acting!), while today they have to leave nothing to the imagination if you get my drift. 

They arent fashion trendsetters, they wear something to stay noticed or something shocking to remain relevant ---- nothing us non celebs want to emulate in fashion.

Just because they are on TV or in the movies or YouTube I dont idolize them.  And you can throw musicians in there too....Others can have their opinion and I have mine  Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Merrygold wrote:

In fact, they used to mention OPRAH’S name all the time. I was just wondering when she trademarked it and made them stop saying it. Too funny. Plus, she hasn’t been a talk show host in ten years.

@Merrygold  I’ve heard Oprah and Dr. Oz both say that their names are used to endorse products to give credibility when in fact they may not even be familiar w/ the item. Dr. Oz especially said he endorses NOTHING. So we can be sure if his name is associated with anything medical, it’s BS.  Oprah may have had a Barefoot Dreams item listed in her Favorite Things magazine...still skeptical if these are “paid to mention” items since sales usually sky rocket. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Obviously I'm in the minority here, butI've never understood such strong antipathy to those who work in show business. And of course, I've also never understood the constant bashing of Opray Winfrey ANYTIME SHE'S MENTIONED IN A THREAD.

I find it particularly ironic given that there are constant celebrity update threads on these forums. :-)

@suzyQ3  I like Oprah, have enjoyed most of her informative shows. I think she has a brilliant mind, well read and influential because of her volunteer and charitable work. What’s not to like? She’s also a savvy businesswoman and smart investor. She deserves everything she’s earned & has...Remember she came from humble beginnings and really worked to get where she is now. She’s not a trust fund baby.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you care?

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

@Spurt

@this is my nic

Thank you for the warning, but that already happened to me too around emmy/academy award time-I said Gollywood isnt glamorous anymore and the actors are not as good as those from the 30's/40's.  (and I am not even from that era Im much younger.)  Those from the30's/40's portrayed passion with just a look, (that's called acting!), while today they have to leave nothing to the imagination if you get my drift. 

They arent fashion trendsetters, they wear something to stay noticed or something shocking to remain relevant ---- nothing us non celebs want to emulate in fashion.

Just because they are on TV or in the movies or YouTube I dont idolize them.  And you can throw musicians in there too....Others can have their opinion and I have mine  Woman Very Happy

@Spurt, I respectfully disagree that the good actors are all long gone. In fact, if you go back and actually watch some of the oldie movies, you might be surprised at how awful some of the acting was.

Today, we watch many series on Netflix and Amazon Prime and are repeatedly rewarded with outstanding performances.

As for the award shows, I do like to watch. I think some who are the most vocal critics don't watch and don't even know about the performances.

I appreciate actors' and other work in film. I couldn't do it, that's for sure. They deserve one night of appreciation for their art.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland