Respected Contributor

The hosts are ranting and mumbling and screaming at us:  I hear DESPERATION in their voices.  Buy two!  Buy now!  The only order of the season!  Buy these for your gift closet!  Buy these because you can't leave your house!  Buy!  Buy!  Just BUY!!!!  Is there another rumor of mass firings?? What is going on?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Desperation

[ Edited ]

I am not seeing anything different then how they normally are for the Christmas Shopping period, some are louder and more obnoxious but that is par for the course.  I read somewhere on this board, that they actually had a strong third quarter, due to more people staying home and shopping.

Honored Contributor

I'm hearing retail sales are up significantly.  September was great; although don't know how QVC is doing.  Amy keeps saying the phones are very busy taking care of 1800 microfiber cloths.  I doubt much money will be made off of them.  

I don't know, the three kinds I have don't work for me.  I always go back to my damp rags for dusting.  

Honored Contributor

@maximillian   Perhaps you shouldn't be watching a SHOPPING channel?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Point taken.  No one to scream at me.  Also, no orders from me.  Thanks, Kachina624.  Your advice will save me $$.

Honored Contributor

Rumors of mass firings???  Where did you get that from?  It's the usual Xmas shopping spiel just like every other year.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian I don't see much very new or different in what's bothering you.  The one line that is somewhat new is the "only order of the season" line, but when they're selling something I might buy, I want them to say that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Gee, image that.

Sales people trying to get people to buy.

What will they think of next?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Of course they are a shopping channel and the "hosts" are professional sales people but as we know from these boards we have hosts we enjoy watching and others an immediate channel changer. Same goes for vendors. I personally prefer professional, lower key hosts that know their products and give me the information I need. Manic and super hyper presenters and vendors are an immediate turn off. and turnoffs equate to lost sales. 

We keep saying it's a shopping channel and they are there to sell, then I say sell and stop the stories, ditch the pj's, silliness and sell. Leave the modeling to the models. I'm an adult and reguardless of the pitch can chose to buy or not. 

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

The hosts are ranting and mumbling and screaming at us:  I hear DESPERATION in their voices.  Buy two!  Buy now!  The only order of the season!  Buy these for your gift closet!  Buy these because you can't leave your house!  Buy!  Buy!  Just BUY!!!!  Is there another rumor of mass firings?? What is going on?  

-----------

I haven't seen ranting, mumbling, or screaming, nor, do I hear desperation.   

If I did see these things, I suspect I wouldn't much care to watch, so, I'd just check on line.

They're salespeople.  It's their job to sell.