Super Contributor

OfCourse:

"Some time"? 2 years, maybe.

Respected Contributor

Feel so sad for his daughters to lose their Mom when they are only starting out in life. Beth Wheeler passed away too young.

his daughters are now young women. One is married. Hope they remain involved in Dans life. Dan Wheeler thank you for being you !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I was taken aback by a comment Dan made to Sharon. Something to the affect "if it was up to me I'd stay at QVC forever".  This leads me to believe his retirement may not have of been his own idea. Many companies subtlety push older employees out the door offering a severance package. It leads me to believe one of the following :

a) Dan and QVC came to a mutually agreeable understanding that he will retire.

b) Dan is choosing to retire but has another reason behind the move -- a health related issue perhaps or a long distance love affair that he has kindled that require some him to move away from Pennsylvania. 

His retirement wasn't up to him, his retirement was up to Him.

If it were up to Dan, he'd stay there forever, but G-d had other plans for him.

After loosing his wife to cancer, he felt a calling to devote more time to his ministries, so even though he would have loved to have stayed at QVC forever, he felt pulled in a different direction by G-d.

That's why he said, "If I could, I would stay here forever".

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Hoping that Dan changes his mind. Just realized it's a slap in the face of long time viewers who have come to know these people as family.

@Reever Dan has been through a lot .He is a deeply religious man who has found comfort in his faith.He has invited all of us to join his new FB page & to stay in touch with him.

Dan doesn’t have a mean bone in his body.His retiring has nothing to do with us & everything to do with his healing. Family & faith means everything to Dan.

Contributor

I miss Dan already! I hope QVC will find a similar replacement—someone with such genuine faith and sincerity! (And someone to call Sharon “Sherona” haha)

Respected Contributor

Any news or updates on Dan ? Someone speculated he wasn't moving to Florida to work on his ministry?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Any news or updates on Dan ? Someone speculated he wasn't moving to Florida to work on his ministry?  

He said multiple times to follow him on FB.

Trusted Contributor
Will someone here post updates on Dan for those of us not on FB? I, too, miss him already. dee
Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:
Will someone here post updates on Dan for those of us not on FB? I, too, miss him already. dee

@deedledeedeedle.  He has an open Facebook page. Anyone can view it. 

Contributor

I think he said he was 62 and that he as joining a Ministry to help people who are suffering from a loss of a loved one and, I think, anyone that needs help just to cope

God Bless Him.