Trusted Contributor

Customer call in testimonials?

[ Edited ]

Just curious, do customers who call in with a product testimonial get  pre-screened before being put on the air?

Have you ever done a call in testimonial on a product that’s being shown?

And, how is it that the host usually asks the right questions to get the customer  to respond and endorse the product?  It’s like the host and/or product presenter have ESP, and know exactly what to ask the caller.

Valued Contributor

Re: Customer call in testimonials?

If by esp you mean that the operator has information that they actually relay to the host if the caller makes purchases, actually uses them and isn't a crank. Then, yes.

They have esp.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was randomly asked to speak to the host twice. Once I spoke to Lisa Robertson and Joel about Honora pearl earrings I bought. Another time I spoke to Colleen Lopez on HSN about jewelry. It was a bit scarey, gets your adreneline going. Yes, there was a screener who talked to me first.

Trusted Contributor

Chessylady wrote:

I was randomly asked to speak to the host twice. Once I spoke to Lisa Robertson and Joel about Honora pearl earrings I bought. Another time I spoke to Colleen Lopez on HSN about jewelry. It was a bit scarey, gets your adreneline going. Yes, there was a screener who talked to me first.

@chessylady

Wow.  You called QVC or did QVC call you?

Must have been quite an honor and exciting for you to actually speak to the host.  And to be on live TV! 

Honored Contributor

Years ago after CS placed my order asked if I would like to speak with the host on air? Three times I was asked said yes. Enjoyable fun no fear. Connected online producer he or she asked me to turn volume of TV off important to do this. No longer watch live not having cable. Do check out Qvc live channels on website. Purchase using auto system. 

New Contributor

Of course they're pre-screened!  Have you ever heard a caller say, "I ordered this but it fell apart after the second time I wore it.  Your quality control is a mess!"?  Or, "Why is your sizing so off?  I had to send the product back twice before I got one that fit."?

They only want positive comments.  And the standard, "Tell us why you love this product" request is an effort to get the caller to say good things.  I often wish a caller would respond, "I don't love it.  I think it's rather mediocre for the price."  Won't happen.  

ESP?  Are you serious?  It's called marketing.

Respected Contributor

Back in my early days ordering from QVC, I spoke with a number of hosts. Never was I pre-screened or asked what I might be saying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got to speak to Victoria Weick.

I was not pre-screened at all.

I had to hold for a long time but I'm so glad I held on.

She was so gracious and I have loved everything I ever got from her.

When you order from the phone, many times they will ask if you want to speak on air.

I've been asked several times on QVC and HSN but declined all the other times. I think once was with LIsa Robertson-I should have done it. I liked her but I think it is nerve-wracking.

Nowadays, I think lots have just gone to online ordering.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Years ago I spoke with Patti Reilly.  I was not pre-screened.  It was a disc-gear product for disc storage, I believe.

Respected Contributor

I had placed an order and they asked if I would like to make a comment, so yes I called them but I didn’t call the testimonial line. 

I don’t understand why folks feel that QVC, who’s a business trying to sell things, should let folks call In and say bad things.  I’ve read reviews of products that I have bought from QVC and I totally disagree with the reviewer.  So why influence people negatively before they even have bought the product?  Also surprise surprise some people have a totally different agenda when they make negative reviews.

QVC has a very good review section, if folks have questions they can look there.