Honored Contributor

Re: Customer call in testimonials?

I have been asked if I wanted to speak with a host when an called in an order, but declined.

i have also watched QVC when some “ nut” got through the testimonial line and said some things that were not kind to the Host.  I remember one time when Rick got a “hot one”. He handled it pretty well.  Often these types of callers are cut off in mid sentence.  It’s quite comical, but probably not fun for the host.

Honored Contributor

I remember not too long ago, perhaps two years ago, a woman called in to speak about one of those Sun Joe chainsaws.  It started pleasant enough, but then she said she couldn't get it to work, and even her son tried it and "the junk" did not work.  It took 5 seconds for the vendor to realize the woman (and her son) put the chain on backwards and that's why it didn't work.  He respecfully told her to try again with the chain installed correctly.

She thought she was calling to shame them live on air, but just the opposite happened.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's how it goes @EatWell.

1. Person calls to place an order for item that's on air.

2. Customer service operator who takes the order asks the customer if they would like to speak on air.

3. Customer says "Yes"

4. Customer is put on hold.

5. Producer tells the host through ear-piece that they have Jane from Springfield on the line.

6. Host says, "We have Jane from Springfield. Hello, Jane!"

That's it.

There is NO screening.

I spoke on air once, over a decade ago, and that's exactly how it went.

The hosts don't have ESP.

Does that answer your question?

Honored Contributor

Do not care for those call-ins. 

Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Here's how it goes @EatWell.

1. Person calls to place an order for item that's on air.

2. Customer service operator who takes the order asks the customer if they would like to speak on air.

3. Customer says "Yes"

4. Customer is put on hold.

5. Producer tells the host through ear-piece that they have Jane from Springfield on the line.

6. Host says, "We have Jane from Springfield. Hello, Jane!"

That's it.

There is NO screening.

I spoke on air once, over a decade ago, and that's exactly how it went.

The hosts don't have ESP.

Does that answer your question?

@Plaid Pants2

Yes, call in testimonial process clear now.

I really did not think the hosts have ESP.  Smiley LOL 

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Never spoken on air.  I haven't placed an order by phone for years--ever since internet ordering became available.  I hate when the callers "don't know what to say" and the host has to drag every word out of them.   Don't care much for the calls.

Honored Contributor

On the studio tour, they told us callers are invited to speak on-air only if they've bought the product.

Honored Contributor

I haven't really watched much lately, but the times that I have, it seemed to me they have cut back on the phone calls.  Am I right? If so, I have to say I prefer not hearing the cringe-worthy callers.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

On the studio tour, they told us callers are invited to speak on-air only if they've bought the product.

@ValuSkr, that is misinformation. I've heard tons of callers that are first-buyers or are saying that they just ordered an item.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr, that is misinformation. I've heard tons of callers that are first-buyers or are saying that they just ordered an item.

Maybe they just bought it (minutes ago) and were invited to talk on-air.