Valued Contributor

Re: Could this be the QVC “Warehouse Problem?”

There are many many warehouses in the area of the new one going up in Bethlehem and with that comes a shortage of workers. It is very difficult to keep any warehouse staffed but finding 1200 employees will be more than challenging. Amazon and UPS are in this area and struggle to stay staffed.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay. I am a bit confused. Are you all saying that the Ontario warehouse isn’t operational because I sent a couple of returns to that address.
Honored Contributor

I've been seeing so many posts about shipping problems mostly taking too long with little or no processing progress.

Many places in the country with warehouses for shipping are still or maybe under water. So many weather disasters are plaguing many areas. I'm just saying be patient, folks in these areas wish & pray to get back to some normalcy. Hoping for understanding.

Respected Contributor

There seems to be problems coming from the Lancaster warehouse. That warehouse or surrounding area is not under water. The problem isn't with shipping, it is in the time it takes to get the order processed to be shipped. I live in Philly so my orders arrive within a few days to a week of me ordering them so I don't have any complaints so far about processing.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat.  We're not discussing anything to do with the Ontario warehouse which is in California.   It's up and running and doing just fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I can tell you that I recently cancelled certain orders that were not processing out in a timely manner (five days or more) or were placed on "advanced order" - when it was in stock when I ordered.  Whether it's a warehouse or inventory problem, I don't care:  just fix it and ship the orders.

Frequent Contributor

What is going on?  Tracking worse than ever.  I got TWO emails in the past two days

that my orders were delayed.  My orders aren't even shipped by the EDD they have given.

I understand things happen with weather and unforeseen delivery problems,

But this is getting to be the norm with the Q.

I they can't get the orders out why would anyone want to trust them enough to open a Q Card.

Respected Contributor

The only time I have had a significant delay was for two Linea by Louis Dell'Olio beautiful embroidered blouses I purchased recently.  They were shipped out of the Lancaster facility which usually is a good warehouse shipping center.  I purchased very early on March 20 and received on March 28.  They were "In Process" for 6 days.  I will say QVC, when they shipped, they used UPS.  It was a fast shipping time.  I have the benefit of living in a building that receives a lot of UPS packages daily.  UPS never transfers to USPS for Innovations mail delivery.  They just deliver directly to me. I get my purchases a couple of days earlier because they do not transfer to Mail Innovations.  I am most appreciative that they deliver directly to me. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmmmm I wonder if this is why they changed their book keeping methods otherwise Qurate would be in even bigger trouble financially...

This was from their financial report last year.....

Qurate Retail now recognizes revenue at the time of shipment as opposed to customer delivery

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I can tell you that I recently cancelled certain orders that were not processing out in a timely manner (five days or more) or were placed on "advanced order" - when it was in stock when I ordered.  Whether it's a warehouse or inventory problem, I don't care:  just fix it and ship the orders.

----------------

I did the same thing!  I understand a shipping issue with a major weather event or a national crises.  But if the issue is an inventory problem or a warehouse problem, take care of it!!! Don't make it a customers' problem!

If the items are being sold as 'in stock', then there should be no hold up!!!  But as you are selling an item, don't tell me something will be shipped on time...if it won't!!!