Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas nonstop

[ Edited ]

Like anything else that sells well on QVC, we see it repeatedly.  Quite a bit sold-out during Christmas in July.  

From 11 am to 12 mid, there's no Christmas programming on Q2 today.  

During the next 2 weeks, there's no programming designated specifically for Christmas on QVC1.  

Dan, reminding everyone QVC has 2 live channels, just said, "If you don't like what's on one channel, flip over to the other one."

Respected Contributor

Do what I do when I'm flipping through and see fashion ( which I don't buy from shopping channels) I don't stop on the channel and watch.  it's so easy and I never complain, I have tons of choices of channels to watch and many other things I could do. I don't begrudge if others find it interesting and I don't expect a business to sell only things I like.  

Contributor

Seriously? You are not the only customer they have.  You buy one lipstick every 7 years so they should stop selling it?  Wow

Esteemed Contributor

We celebrate Christmas.  We decorate for Christmas.  We leave our decor up until some time in January.  That all said, we have all the decor we could want or need.  I have watched out of curiosity some of these shows, and I really don’t feel tempted at all.  We decorate more in a classic style.  Our home is not a retail business, and we use our treasured ornaments on our tree.

And most of all, we concentrate on “the reason for the season.”  

Honored Contributor

Every news outlet is warning people that there are going to be major shipping and supply delays this year - for various reasons - and to shop early for those things you really want.

So it makes sense for any retailer to be selling things now, so that customers aren't disappointed by waiting till the last minute to shop.

Will it stop some people on these forums from starting "QVC ruined my Christmas" threads after the holiday?  Nope!  Some things are as predictable as the changing of the seasons.

Watch or don't watch.  Buy or don't buy.  The world does not revolve around what one person wants.

Valued Contributor

QVC now spoils every holiday season.....

Respected Contributor

I don't like it either.  However, if people are buying QVC will continue to sell.

Honored Contributor

Got nothing to do with shipping containers stuck off the coast of CA.  They did this last year too.  Now, they don't even wait for Christmas in July to start with the Christmas stuff.

Contributor

I enjoy watching Christmas stuff heck I watch movies of Christmas all year round. You are not the only shopper on QVC there are many different customers some like it some do not you do not have to watch. I watched 4 days of clothes recently on Q I did not buy and I wasn't excited about it but I realize others enjoy looking at clothes. July to Dec every store around the country is preparing for the holiday season Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas its alot. Just because you do not enjoy something does not mean someone else does. I happy that I get to prepare earlier and get things done instead of waiting till the last minute after everything is gone and picked through.

Regular Contributor
All the decor looks SO cheap. Who is buying all that Mr. Christmas junk??? And of course it’s all made in China. Which turns my stomach.