Occasional Contributor

When did QVC become the Christmas channel?  Good grief...I can't watch any more!

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Last night, a host said "Black Friday is now" because of "you know, shipping delays and problems.":  So, maybe by the time Black Friday actually comes around, Christmas programming will be over.

Honored Contributor

@Shopper Extraordinaire  I wish I thought it matters what I want to watch, but I haven't bought a piece of any decor for at least a decade and they just keep right on showing it.  I did buy a tube of lipstick in 2020, but not one other piece of makeup,for maybe 7 years now, but they keep right on showing that, too.  And don't ask about any winter clothing --  haven't needed that in my part of Florida for over 2 decades now.

I expect they will stop showing all those things when shoppers stop buying them, but I have seen no real evidence that is happening here or anywhere else for that matter.

Respected Contributor

Seems pretty clear to me why there are pushing Christmas items now...QVC knows that there is an issue with shipping and QVC knows that the customers 'know' that too.  So therefore, QVC knows the closer it gets to Christmas, the less likely their customers are going to purchase anything, for fear of not receiving it in time. Hold on to your hats, it's only just begun !

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas nonstop

[ Edited ]

Since I don't celebrate this holiday (other religions may not also) and Hanukkah is a not a big "gift giving" holiday with months of preparations and decor, I just haven't been watching Q very much. I don't get why Q and Q2 have to have Christmas shows and a host's favorites shows, etc. Maybe Q could do Christmas and Q2 have different programming. 

I just never understood the many months of planning, ordering hundreds of dollars of food from TV, purchasing so many gifts, decorating inside and out and it all comes down so soon after the holiday is over. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas nonstop

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

Seems pretty clear to me why there are pushing Christmas items now...QVC knows that there is an issue with shipping and QVC knows that the customers 'know' that too.  So therefore, QVC knows the closer it gets to Christmas, the less likely their customers are going to purchase anything, for fear of not receiving it in time. Hold on to your hats, it's only just begun !

@sarahpanda   I've had issues w/ Q's shipping long before Covid. Orders were weeks getting to me, in process forever, etc. It just may be a little worse now. I also think the slow  shipping ploys now to push early Christmas sales since July is a sales tactic.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Last night, a host said "Black Friday is now" because of "you know, shipping delays and problems.":  So, maybe by the time Black Friday actually comes around, Christmas programming will be over.

@ValuSkr   What they are doing is getting you to buy early so you don't buy somewhere else.  The push this year is getting old and just think , it is only Sept.   UGH

Esteemed Contributor

Yea, this am was rpt of  Shawn saves Christmas,  Valerie 's Christmas stuff , Holiday Gift   and Toys . 

Respected Contributor

The longer the torture of non stop Christmas stuff shows go on, the more it all looks like Dollar Store stuff...or worse.

And I wonder how many people have to build a new addition in which to store all that oversized, plastic, battery operated junk. 

Sheeesh.