Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry if this has been posted already.

I know not everyone uses Easy Pay, so this post might not be for you.  However, many of us do (myself included) and it is worth taking a look at your Order Status page as soon as you can.

I was on the QVC facebook group a few minutes ago and there are a few posts about a glitch in their system for easy pays.  Apparently easy pays that were supposed to be taken out in June/July were not taken out and QVC has decided to take them out now.  Unbeknownst to them, many people have easy pays that are past due on their accounts (in big red letters on their order status page).  Some easy pays were taken out and now they are being taken out again (per several people on the fb page).  QVC said they are aware of this error and they are trying to correct it, but customers are understandably upset.

I just went onto my own Order Status page and saw that I also have a Past Due notice on my account.  The money comes out AUTOMATICALLY on easy pays, so I'm really not sure what is going on.  I have decided to give it a few days before calling.  I'm hoping they figure this out and correct it.

Please check your accounts when you have time.  It sounds like it is a mess for many people.  They are being locked out of their accounts right now.

I have been paying off my easy pays over the last several weeks and I do not intend to use it anymore.  It's very upsetting that a huge corporation such as QVC should make this kind of mistake.  Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Re: Check Your Easy Pays

[ Edited ]

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been posted already.

I know not everyone uses Easy Pay, so this post might not be for you.  However, many of us do (myself included) and it is worth taking a look at your Order Status page as soon as you can.

I was on the QVC facebook group a few minutes ago and there are a few posts about a glitch in their system for easy pays.  Apparently easy pays that were supposed to be taken out in June/July were not taken out and QVC has decided to take them out now.  Unbeknownst to them, many people have easy pays that are past due on their accounts (in big red letters on their order status page).  Some easy pays were taken out and now they are being taken out again (per several people on the fb page).  QVC said they are aware of this error and they are trying to correct it, but customers are understandably upset.

I just went onto my own Order Status page and saw that I also have a Past Due notice on my account.  The money comes out AUTOMATICALLY on easy pays, so I'm really not sure what is going on.  I have decided to give it a few days before calling.  I'm hoping they figure this out and correct it.

Please check your accounts when you have time.  It sounds like it is a mess for many people.  They are being locked out of their accounts right now.

I have been paying off my easy pays over the last several weeks and I do not intend to use it anymore.  It's very upsetting that a huge corporation such as QVC should make this kind of mistake.  Lesson learned.

Yup.  My husband was notified and he is NOT happy.  They should be held responsible for any overdrawn charges.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 

I'm sorry that it is happening to you as well.  It seems that some people are being double-charged or their account has been frozen "in billing," for several weeks (that's part of their glitch), which makes the payment late.  That seems to be what happened to me on one item (for now).

I actually called QVC a week or two ago because I noticed an extra charge on my bank account.  It was a very strange phone call.  Customer service had no explanation other than to tell me that they "forgot" to bill me in June and they are billing me now instead.  Again, QVC is such a huge corporation.  How can mistakes like this be happening?  My husband couldn't get over their response either.

I didn't make a big deal out of it and went on my merry way... until now.  This is over the top and completely unacceptable. 

Regular Contributor

This just happened to me.  In fact, I couldn't get on to post or purchase.  They are automatically put on my AmEx card.  For some reason, two of them didn't go through.  

It took at least 5 phone calls and even more emails to straighten it out.  Initially, I was told it was a glitch in their system.  Their fault and not mine. . .which makes sense since other easy pays were going through on the same card.  However, I was told that I couldn't order until they got it straightened out.  I gave it two week and called again.  This time I was told "it happens all the time."  But again, no ordering until they fixed it.

This is one of the reasons, I'm no longer using easy pay.

Respected Contributor

@Grade1Teach , thank you for sharing this information.  I have one item on 4 ez pays.  The date the 1st ez pay was charged on my CC was on 6/3.  

After checking today, nothing was taken out in July with the exception of it being taken out today.

It shows the 3rd and 4th to be taken on 8/3 and 9/3.  I will be watching for it.

No one should be seeing a late charge or charged a late charge because of their lack of billing.  

This is one of the main reasons I haven't ordered anything else, though reading how many are waiting for orders hanging "in the process" is another reason.  I don't have that problem with their sister company, at least not yet.

Trusted Contributor

@Jannygaz 

That's unbelievable!

It's scary to hear that this "happens all the time."  How can that be?!?  I have been using the easy pay feature for a couple of years now on certain items (not everything) and I have NEVER had a problem.  If any of us would have known that this is a common occurrence, we wouldn't be using easy pay.

I just paid off another item a few minutes ago.  I'll wait until that posts with my bank and then pay something else off.  I only have a few things left, but I need to make sure everything goes through as it should before moving onto the next thing.  I'm afraid of being double-charged, which is happening to people.

Trusted Contributor

@HisElk1 

I'm happy to share this information with others.  I know not everyone is on fb, so I thought I should spread the word.  I am hoping that more people keep calling to complain so that QVC does everything in their power to fix this.  Some people have said this has been going on for weeks.  That is completely unacceptable.

It's funny you should mention 6/3.  That's the date of the easy pay I'm having trouble with.  The last payment on record for the item was on 6/3 and the next one was supposed to be 7/3.  Apparently it never went through and it's "in billing" today.  They have a red flag on my account as if I am the one who didn't pay, which obviously isn't true.  My last easy pay for that is 8/3.  I can't wait to pay it off once they clear this up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Check Your Easy Pays

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for the heads up!

I have two that are past due both from 6/28.  I called CS and it was like someone who had no idea what they were doing altho he said they had a lot of calls on this and that it was a tech issue.

I have another one due today - I'll have to check tomorrow and see if it's paid.

I'm paying off all my easy pays - no more for me.

What a mess this company has become - in so many different areas.

Regular Contributor

Grade1Teach  That was my reaction when they said "it happens all the time and chuckled saying "don't worry about it."   I'm not used to seeing big red banners that say "you have past due payments" when I look at my account.  

Respected Contributor

@Grade1Teach   Thanks for posting.  I only had two orders on easy pay (I sometimes forget to edit it to one payment).  Looks like my June payments went through, and my July easy pays were later this month.  Only had two on one item left, and 3 on another, so just pushed them to pay the balances off.  I didn’t have any from July 3 though.  Always good to check.  Thanks for sharing.