Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@grayhairdontcare and everyone. 

I agree that QVC and HSN don’t have the variety of vendors and products they used to carry. 

Hopefully, they will reevaluate what people want to purchase moving forward. 

I completely agree.

Yes, times have changed.  Home shopping networks used to be amazing because people didn't have to leave their homes to shop.  Now there are lots of other alternatives, all easily done from the comfort of our own homes or wherever we happen to be.  So that hurt home shopping for sure.

But I think the problem is more than that.  Seeing the same products over and over with little variety and a whole lot of filler (much of it childish) isn't what most people want.  There used to be much more variety.  And better, more informative (yet fun) presentations.  

QVC can't blame it all on the availability of internet shopping pretty much everywhere.  They need to offer better, more interesting products and presentations.  And they need to get with the times re shipping costs and delivery too.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes we all need to vent our frustrations on foolishness behind some veil of anonymity ..  there is no need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch, the good fairy moderator will probably have the post removed by morning but do not expect any money under your pillow

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Last night, that BOLT thing was on TWO QVC stations at once.

Enough is enough for me too.

I've seen this too.  I like to stream Q from the website and click between stations, but I've noticed sometimes the same presentation is on two different stations at the same time.  Seems odd they'd go to the expense of setting up an additional site if they're just going to show the same things at the same time.

@wildcat fan @Othereeeen 

I can top you. When I am reading books, I tend to have QVC or HSN on in the background for noise. I stream  my entertainment. Last night. QVC had on a Bose TSV presentation and when I switched over to HSN they were showing a Bose product as well. I put down my book and turned on HULU.

Super Contributor

I feel the same way as most posters do.  Thought it was just me, but I have not bought a single item from the Q for the holiday season.  That seems incrediible given all the years I purchased most of my gifts from QVC.  The item selection has been awful - not anything I would gift to family or friends.  And the items are so repetitive that I cannot bear to watch presentations.  What a change in the programming.  Very disappointing!

Frequent Contributor

Well it is certainly amazing the response my simple post garnered.  I missed all the slings and arrows shot at me the moment I posted. I'm just popping back in to see the chatter on the forums since I have a few minutes to catch up now that Holioday prep is slowing down. The snarky mean spirited comments directed at me didnt sting or hurt me as I'm sure the gang of mean gals of the Q Forums hope they would. I posted an opinion and I'm not sorry that I did. So to the ladies who dumped on me and my opinion....enjoy the holidays and try to do a little self reflection and try not to be so mean spirited in 2020

Honored Contributor
@grayhairdontcare. Here's hoping you take the same advice in 2020 that you are giving to others. Byebye.
Contributor

@Pearle  And here’s hoping you get a hobby, with going on 27,000 post you need one!  Why are you being so nasty?  There are those that want to keep stirring the pot

( you).  Nothing wrong with what she said as most of us all agree. Get something to do besides posy on qvc. Good grief woman!

Contributor

@Pearlee   meant post, thought I should correct before you make your next post about that. 

Respected Contributor

Many of us are boycotting the Q.  We keep it on as background noise but are not buying anything due to price gouging.  Almost every item can be found elsewhere at a cheaper price.  I feel bad for some of the hosts who have to "lie" on air and proclaim that the prices are a good value.  Its a shame.  The glory days of the Q sadly will never come back. It seems to be getting worse every year.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Many of us are boycotting the Q.  We keep it on as background noise but are not buying anything due to price gouging.  Almost every item can be found elsewhere at a cheaper price.  I feel bad for some of the hosts who have to "lie" on air and proclaim that the prices are a good value.  Its a shame.  The glory days of the Q sadly will never come back. It seems to be getting worse every year.

@Reever 

QVC is one of the best comedy shows around these days....I just laugh when the hosts say...."lowest price of the year"....and they've knocked a WHOLE WHOMPING $3 off the original QVC price...Woman LOL 

Their clothing prices are getting more and more outrageous and Im comparing them to stores like Macys, Dillards, JCP, Nordstrom Rack etc etc....QVC needs to quit going the Boutique route in their price comparison.....not that many people even shop boutiques...so many better deals elsewhere...both online and local

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”