Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Funny thing about memories.

I remember the early years of QVC too.  I remember many many programs of Capodimonte and collectible dolls.  Lots of dust catchers in my opinion.  I do remember some wonderful programming, but it wasn't all wonderful by any means.

I know even the local B&M stores changed the amount of stock they carried back when the economy dumped.  Suddenly the aisles seemed to get wider between the racks, and not as many choices.  I haven't seen any stores go back to the huge selections they once had.  They seem to find their niche market and work it.

On point! Best answer. America hasn't recovered! Companies sales hurting or closing. Beginning of the end! When "Made in America" Became obsolete. Never forget! Watching HBO special on NYC Garment District! So sad!! America changed! Not for the better.
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I have an idea-----Why don't we post things we would like to see on the Q?    Maybe give them some ideas of what the consumer wants. 

Seriously, they couldn't care less. THEY tell customers what they ought to want, because they think their customers will buy anything and everything the QVC infotainers, i.e. hosts, tell people is in, posh, trendy, Hamptons, "rich", etc. Without QVC there to guide us, whatever would we DO?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I have an idea-----Why don't we post things we would like to see on the Q?    Maybe give them some ideas of what the consumer wants. 

Seriously, they couldn't care less. THEY tell customers what they ought to want, because they think their customers will buy anything and everything the QVC infotainers, i.e. hosts, tell people is in, posh, trendy, Hamptons, "rich", etc. Without QVC there to guide us, whatever would we DO?

And just as seriously, I couldn't care less how much of the stuff I'm not interested in shows up on the QVC screen, or what other people think about it, OR who makes an exit drenched in drama then shows up some time later with a new nic.

I buy things I like when they're reasonably priced, I shop elsewhere when I can't find what I want on a TV shopping channel or mail order shopping channel, and I don't spend one second worrying about how to make over things when they are controlled by other people, I talk to posters about things we agree upon and attempt, sometimes unsuccessfully, to be civil to posters with whom I disagree. 

And that is that.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch QVC anymore. It is just too repetitive and boring. If I want something, I just check online. I don't know why QVC changed in such a viewer-unfriendly way. I assume it has something to do with profitability in the short-term. Whether it will serve in the long-term is another matter

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use the Q to get a lot of ideas from. Now, I just get all the ideas from all the catalogs in the mail, and then go shopping online. I'm not a wanderer through department stores tirelessly trying to find this or that. Online shopping has relieved me of that torture.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Good idea @BalletBabe - More items for men that don't involve flashlights or tools. Perhaps wallets, slippers, pj's, etc.

Small unique furniture pieces, decorative items that are not mercury glass or finials.

Table linens.  Silk floral arrangements.  Art pieces. Lamps.

Luggage, other than soft VB or Lugs (sp?). Real luggage like Samantha Brown sells.

Shoes that are more fashionable as well as the current not so attractive shoes.

And last, I would like Lori Greiner to sell those magnetic 'purses' that attach at your waist that actually are big enough to hold a phone.  The current ones do not hold the I phone.

I'm sure you have lots more ideas.

Respected Contributor

QVC doesn't listen to their customers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb  If you to to running buddy, they have those magnet purses that are big enough for my iphone 6 plus.  I also bought two last year.  They also run a lot of sales and most times are better priced then Lori's.  The other thing is they have a small zipper opening on side if you want to caryy a music player, that way the cord goes through that zipper compartment,

One thing that baffles me is that Lori claims to create a lot of these things, but she don't.

Esteemed Contributor

BYe....

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all of you about them listening, but we can try.  The problem is too much time on same items.  To my surprise I turned on HSN for the first time in years and they do the same thing.   I also think that we can give them ideas but the problem is that their shipping is too high ,especially if you want more then one of the same item.

I just know sitting here on the forums bashing them, isn't going to help anyone.  I do like their customer service.  They have been very helpful to me in some situations.