Valued Contributor

Re: BFD....why so expensive?

I can only think that its because its "California" and "Malibu."  I have a friend who has a couple pieces and its not anything special. Soft, yes......but its not made of anything rare or special.  I can pass. 

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

It's pretty clear the Q is shooting for higher end products at least for the 3 Fall Fashion Days.  The Laurie Felt jeans yesterday and the Barefoot Dreams sweather coat today....both higher end products. 
I remember fall fashion events when Denim & Co would be the big draw. Wow. How times have changed.
It must be that they are selling the high end products, at least so it would seem. 

@10000thnickname 

Actually apparel sales are down according to latest report.....And I think QVC is making a mistake they seem to be targeting customers that shop in high priced boutiques....but they will lose sales on viewers that are more inclined to shop D&C and JCP, Kohls, Macys, Dillards, Steinmart, Nordstrom Rack, Amazon etc etc.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I love Vionics and they are well worth the price for the alignment benefits for me. They may not be suited for everyone though.

As far as BFD, I have never purchased anything from this line.  One main reason for me not being tempted, is that I don't buy any clothing items (tunics, t-shirts, cardigans), that have a split at the bottom.  

Many ladies love this brand and style.  It's nice to have choices!  

Trusted Contributor

I like Barefoot dreams and own a number of pieces(so am biased).  Like any brand its worth it if you love it and flatters your body.  I personally think its worth every cent and not overpriced at all when you compare to a Logo or Gili etc duster, top,outerwear etc.  Some brands cost more and don't have the quality fabric or worksmanship and some do indeed cost less.  Luckily we all get to make a choice of how we want to spend.  Im at the point in my lfe where Id rather buy a few items that make me feel really good vs. lots of things because they cost less(the real beauty of Barefoot dreams is you really can throw in the washer and dryer and lasts forever) . 

So, when it comes to jeans, cardis and outerwear I am willing to spend more than the brands that charge  $50 or more for a tshirt ( I do like to shop promos/sales on more expensive brands). The tsv is really a bargain depending how you look at it (just search duster on qvc) can't come close to the detail or fabric at that $79 price point IMO.  The trim on this piece really if beautiful...love that vertical ribbing and flowy fabric.

Trusted Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I can only think that its because its "California" and "Malibu."  I have a friend who has a couple pieces and its not anything special. Soft, yes......but its not made of anything rare or special.  I can pass. 

I don't know much about rayon and use to think rayon from bamboo was just some hype, but I have to say it wears longer with no pilling.  So from what Ive read and 1st hand experience rayon from bamboo is the high end of rayon...kind of like pima cotton vs lower grade cotton.  Ive experienced this difference in barefoot dreams but also other items I own from various brands.  When I've bought basic 95 rayon tops they pill horribly...so there is a difference in quality of material...hence price.  I know it would be so great if quality didn't alter priceSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

It's a clever marketing gimmick that works since celebrity endorsed products flood the market. 

@manny2 

On the other hand.....many people are TURNED OFF by celebrity endorsements.......some so called celebrities just take money to let a manufacturer use their name and haven't a clue regarding the product....so people are no longer impressed.....

I agree @Spurt  I am one of those not influenced by celebrity, or host.

Respected Contributor

@katiescarlett I have had a similar experience with vionics. I tried out the slip on sandals because I had plantar fascitis and I felt much better right away. Since then I make sure I have a pair of vionic sandals or slippers to wear around the house. I do wear other shoes.

And yes they do wear out so they aren't as effective, just as other shoes do but they are my go to for sure.

As far as the Barefoot Dreams thing, well I can't say that it impresses me especially. I bought one when they first came to QVC because of the  pricing and used their sizing guide. Well it was HUGE. LOL soft and comfy for sure but I wound up returning it.

I know lots of people like it and that's great but for me I'll stick with other brands.

Honored Contributor

I'm a  BFD lover because I like the way it feels and looks on me, I don't know if it has to be as expensive as it is, but I can afford it so I buy what I like. I could care less if Oprah wears it, the product stands on it's own without her IMO. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I really like BFD, I have quite a few sweaters of theirs but the cozychic lite is horrendous, sheds everywhere.  I have not had any problem with the other lines of BFD and I do love how cozy they are.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried BFD more than once returned both. Believe the reviews.

Shedding, torn pocket, unfinished seams, looks like a bathrobe.

Reviews are right, Inferior quality. Save your money.