Esteemed Contributor

Shipping is a joke

[ Edited ]

I was reading the tracking info on orders.....lol

These pkgs go from one Mail Innovations facility to another and back again...... no wonder they take so long to arrive...........

Honored Contributor

Most of mine seem to go from one UPS terminal to another before either being delivered or turned over to the post office.  They rarely go back to anyplace they've been.  UPS has been doing better since they started delivering on Saturdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

You all may be aware of this info but I was not and have been wondering.

The main difference between UPS Mail Innovations and UPS SurePost is their specialty in the types of packages they process. UPS Mail Innovations - best for smaller and lighter packages that weigh less than one pound. UPS SurePost - best for heavier packages within the 2-20 pound range

Since I upgraded to UPS My Choice and most of my orders are over 1 lb I cut out Sure Post. I have no problems with delivery. The longest time is in process. 

Respected Contributor

I was surprised to find a box from HSN on my porch yesterday, I wasn't expecting anything!  It turned out to be a bottle of Lessman Hair Skin & Nails.  I'm sure I ordered it but couldn't remember when, so I went on line to look at my order and it was placed on August 20!  Now, sometimes Lessman stuff goes to Advanced Order but I recall that I pre-ordered this before the TS was aired.  Whatever, I'm just glad it wasn't something I was really waiting for. 

Now, I did recently order a supplement from a different on-line retailer and qualified for their very best USPS shipment option (can't remember what they called it), but I thought "cool, I'll get it right away".  Nope.  Turns out *IF* it arrives when USPS says I can expect it, it will take a total of two weeks. 

I'm getting good at lowering my expectations these days.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    Thanks for the information.  Interesting....I didn't know that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping is a joke

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

You all may be aware of this info but I was not and have been wondering.

The main difference between UPS Mail Innovations and UPS SurePost is their specialty in the types of packages they process. UPS Mail Innovations - best for smaller and lighter packages that weigh less than one pound. UPS SurePost - best for heavier packages within the 2-20 pound range

Since I upgraded to UPS My Choice and most of my orders are over 1 lb I cut out Sure Post. I have no problems with delivery. The longest time is in process. 

@mspatmac  @Kachina624    That's not how I understood it.  With SurePost UPS hands it over to the post office on the last day to deliver it.  With Mail Innovations it starts out with a MI carrier and then is delivered to the post office for delivery.  

That may not be exactly right, but it's not just the size of the pkgs.  With SurePost it adds a day to my deliveries.  With MI it adds at least a week.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  I pay UPS yearly to upgrade from Sure Post.  I have a package coming Sat from QVC.

Shipped 9/8 Estimated Delivery 9/15 per QVC

I checked my UPS app for details. This is what it says:

Weight 2 lbs

Ship/billed 9/8

A UPS My Choice delivery change was requested for this package (this happens automatically)

Upgrade processed

Scheduled Delivery 9/12

My package will stay with UPS and be delivered by them, will not be handed off to the USPS. Mail Inovations still goes through USPS and I hate it.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@NickNack  I pay UPS yearly to upgrade from Sure Post.  I have a package coming Sat from QVC.

Shipped 9/8 Estimated Delivery 9/15 per QVC

I checked my UPS app for details. This is what it says:

Weight 2 lbs

Ship/billed 9/8

A UPS My Choice delivery change was requested for this package (this happens automatically)

Upgrade processed

Scheduled Delivery 9/12

My package will stay with UPS and be delivered by them, will not be handed off to the USPS. Mail Inovations still goes through USPS and I hate it.

@mspatmac   I've upgraded SurePost to UPS a couple of times, but I don't usually do it.  SurePost only adds one day to my deliveries.  If we had that option with MI I would pay the yearly fee to have it changed to UPS.  I hate MI.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac  I checked the UPS website but didn't sign up yet for My Choice. Do you have to make sure your packages don't go USPS for each individual package? Or, is there an option that keeps all packages with UPS so you don't have to check on each one?

I also really dislike Mail Innovations; it is not innovative. We have neighborhood boxes, so it's very inconvenient to haul back packages & boxes. I'm amazed at what MI can cram in. MI takes so many extra days, and sometimes my packages have ended up in a neighbor's box.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@mspatmac  I checked the UPS website but didn't sign up yet for My Choice. Do you have to make sure your packages don't go USPS for each individual package? Or, is there an option that keeps all packages with UPS so you don't have to check on each one?

I also really dislike Mail Innovations; it is not innovative. We have neighborhood boxes, so it's very inconvenient to haul back packages & boxes. I'm amazed at what MI can cram in. MI takes so many extra days, and sometimes my packages have ended up in a neighbor's box.

@Desert Lily  Unfortunately because MI are small and can usually be delivered by the carrier it doesn't work.  Only on Sure Post and I have my app set up to upgrade all Sure Post automatically