Honored Contributor

Are you glad QVC takes waitlist orders?

Personally, yes, I am. Have you realized most shopping channels just give you a "Sold Out" and you have no chance of ever getting the item?  For me waitlist involves some strategizing on my part.  Out of my size?  I'll order the next smaller or the next larger if I have a prayer of it fitting.  I also waitlist order alternate colors if necessary.  So I have two orders for the same item.  This once resulted in getting shipped two pairs of identical Clark's shoes.  I kept them as the price reduction was so great on Lunchtime specials.  I figure I've got years worth of sensible walking shoes now.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you glad QVC takes waitlist orders?

Ive been on many wait lists and nearly always get my item eventually.  I recently got a pair of earrings from JTV after they notified me they were back in stock. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If I really want an item and  have the time to wait then it works for me .

However , it should be disclosed  before you buy the item that it will be on waitlist .

Honored Contributor

They seem to be knocking themselves out lately to get customers.  Free Shipping on everything?  Who does that?  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 

It is in fact, before you place order it "confirms" by a "yes or no" question if you want to continue your order as it is "waitlist".

I think that's a great option ... most things I order I'm in no hurry for anyway & most the time, I get the item eventually!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

I've ordered some items as you decribed the Waitlist  option pops up , however I have ordered some things that were  not  noted  as Waitlist  but after placing the order  a different status  was marked on the item  then  I had to  wait for sometime for the items.

Honored Contributor

I don’t have much luck with wait list items.  

In my experience the order is generally cancelled after a month or six weeks wait, with an ‘order cancelled’ notation appearing on my Order Status.

No change on my part, the note appears and that is the end.

😕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it gives us a chance to get what we missed.  

Quite a few retailers ask "Do you still want it," then notify if that size or color becomes available or if a new shipment comes in.   

With QVC, I usually received what I wanted; however, I have had a few cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 

My shopping has not been with Q as much as years past ... so very sorry just realized "waitlist" is completely different from "advance order"...oops...

I haven't done "waitlist" in a long time but have experienced ordering and next day it's "advance order".

Sorry for "my" confusion...😉😉

homedecor1

Trusted Contributor

I’ve rarely had good luck with waitlist items. They end up getting canceled with no notification to me.