Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I don't like spending more money than I have to, but I will not keep an item I can't use just because I have to swallow the S&H. I can't say I buy less and I return just as much as I did before, guess I'm insane.LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

Yes, I rarely buy from QVC anymore.

It might be something I want/need/like.  However, I return when an item is "cheesy" looking or defective.  QVC falls into these two categories most of the time. 

Things look so much different in person than on TV.

Contributor

I find I am buying less and less...shipping refund part of it, but my biggest complaint is the lack of vendors...same vendors over and over and over...Philosopy, IT, Ripka, Honora, Bronzo (what happened to the other jewelry vendors that used to offer reasonably priced items?)..clothing too....Denim & Co, Susan Graver, Issac, Logo, WWC...same old, same old!  I do buy Linea when it fits into my retired lifestyle. Nothing exciting, nothing much new...and clothing prices are too high...I can find better in B&M.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MomCat

Sign up for DSW's e-mails. They send frequent coupons, and you can really rack up the savings.  I frequently receive $10.00 off e-mails, and free shipping offers if you wish to order online. They allow you to use the coupons on the clearance rack items as well.

I purchase the majority of my shoes from DSW.

Esteemed Contributor

I never bought much from QVC anyway because of their high shipping charges -- maybe 5 items a year at the most.  The fact that they lowered the initial shipping charges, but now don't refund them, seems like a scam to me.  Who are they fooling?

I don't enjoy watching QVC anymore.  If I don't watch, I don't buy.

(and yet, I read these boards....)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely...   I don't buy anything and often cancel the auto-delivery items when they come up for shipment....

Honored Contributor

Which companies refund original shipping charges?  I don't think Gap/Anthro/J Crew/Walmart/Kohls/

anyone... does?

Please let me know if there are some that do...

@MsLhasa@KatieB@tototwo@icezeus@the geeger

I'd like to trade with a company that doesn't TAX the s/h 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

lovestoteach ~  it's not the company that taxes your shipping charges, it's your state.  Some states (like mine!) charge big taxes on shipping charges.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I am super careful.  So careful that I buy less and less.  I certainly cannot try on clothing.  Instead I have taken my business to Amazon.  When there is a Q item of interest I check it out, by reviews at QVC and online elsewhere.  I also look to the forums since there are alway nice people who have tried a product who have an opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Its weird but I am buying more.  I must be the minority.

I seem to be liking everything I see.

My Q card just may blow up.