Occasional Contributor

Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I have been an avid QVC shopper for 20 plus years and did most of my Christmas shopping there every year.  Now that we no longer get refunded on our initial shipping charges, I am buying less and less products and will not be buying one Christmas gift from them this year.  I use to buy all makeup and hair products from QVC but have either been buying the products from Ebay or finding different products I can buy locally, to use.  There are too many Internet sources and local sources these days to buy products, even though I have always enjoyed QVC's different products and not having to go out shopping.  But, buy the time you don't get the initial shipping fee returned and have to pay high prices to return items....they have lost me as a customer!!  Don't know if anyone from QVC ever reads these blogs, but hope they do.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

No, I can't attend this whine party....lol.  I am not and have never been a chronic returner.  I really think before I buy and I'm not an impulse buyer.  So, return charges aren't  a factor me at all.   I think if I found myself returning a lot. I'd be honest with myself and stop buying from shopping channels.  

Respected Contributor

I've always been careful of what I buy and rarely send anything back, so no it hasn't effected my buying at all.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I'm with ya!  I seldom purchcase anything from the Q these days.  So many online companies offer free shipping every day. For me, the Q has just lost its overall appeal .  I check the Beauty Board about two times a week and even that has changed so much and isn't helpful or intersting anymore due to the reduction in participation.  Not sure what the future holds for the Q.... 

Valued Contributor

I don't see this as a 'whine' party.. just former/current Q shoppers expressing their opinions/observations!!

Honored Contributor

Nope. Not buying "less and less" of great quantities of items I didn't need in the first place. I purchase specific items for specific needs, including gifts. I buy only one item  where sizing is involved. Consequently, I have never needed to order multiples in different sizes, or routinely anticipate returning items that might not fit.  I shop in b&m stores for those things.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

NO! I am very careful about what I purchase from the Q. I have never been a serial returner so the return policy does not bother me.

Respected Contributor

No. but I buy less from QVC these days because other online retailers have better prices and a greater variety of products. 

Valued Contributor

Since when does someone expresing an opinion become a whine party?  As a matter of fact, I totally agree with the OP,  the new return policy has caused me to think and rethink before I order as well and more times than I can count, that rethinking has resulted in not ordering which is oh so very bad for QVC.  I was never an impulse buyer but with with a new product I was unfamiliar with and couldn't feel or try on, I could rationalize making the purchase secure in the knowledge that the most it would cause is a return shipping but that's no longer true and I'm no longer willing to bear the brunt of being disappointed with the product, either it's size, it's color, it's fabric or its performance.

I am buying less and QVC would do good to take a look at their former "regular" buyers and see how the S&H has impacted their purchases and they can start with ME.

Maria

Regular Contributor

I purchase SO MUCH LESS than I used to from QVC.  The quality of items has really gone downhill.  I can't see purchasing something where I know the quality will really suck compared to what it used to be.  Boy, the items used to be such wonderful quality and I rarely returned one thing.  Now, it is a roll of the dice as you don't know what you will get.  I spend more of my $$ on Amazon because they cover their products...